26 February 2017

Chicken lattice Pie with palm hearts ( Pastel de pollo y palmitos)









For my taste this has been one of the most delicious recipes of the last time.
Chicken Tart with hearts of palm.
For the rest, if someone does not want hearts of palm, it's okay not  add them.
I love  chicken tarts. And the crust is absolutely delicious.
Also this cake can be made with another filling.


Source  Recetario Lider - Chile  2014 (Paula Hurtado)






Ingredients

Crust

6 tablespoon of butter
2 cups all purpose flour
pinch of salt 
pinch of sugar
cold water

Filling

2 tablespoon butter
1/2 chopped onion
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
2 cups milk
pinch of nutmeg}salt and pepper
1 chicken breast boiled in water with some carrots , celery and green onions)
1 tin  palm  hearts in slices (480 grams)
1 cup grated  cheese (cheddar or parmesan)
1 egg for brush the pastry



Method

Crust



In the processor or in a bowl put the flour, salt, sugar and butter. Process until the dough has the consistency of bread crumbs.
 Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of cold water. Process until you make a dough ball. Wrap in plastic and put in refrigerator 30 minutes.


Filling

In a frying pan heat the butter over medium heat with a few drops of oil and add the onion, cooking 4 to 5 minutes.
Add the flour and cook a few  minutes.- 

Remove from the heat and add  the milk, until incorporated., Season with salt and pepper and a pinch of sugar. 
Return to the fire and cook always stirring 3 minutes.
Remove and let cool slightly.

Add the chicken, palm hearts and cheese, stir and reserve.

On a lightly floured work surface, roll out each of the pastry.
Place one pie crust in the bottom and up the sides of a pie pan. 
Pour the filling over the top.
Top with second pie crust (a lattice style is easy and look pretty) 

To make the ribbons:

 Roll out the pastry cut each piece into long, thick ribbons, about 3 cm wide. Make enough to cover the top. Weave the ribbons together on a piece of baking paper and chill in fridge for 15 minutes to firm up.
Carefully slide the pastry lattice from the baking paper and lay on top of the pie. Trim the excess pastry and lightly press to seal

Brush the ribbons  with the egg and cook in oven at 180 ° C (370 F) about 25 minutes or until golden.
 Remove and let stand for a few minutes before desmolding  and cutting.
Serve with some salads.





print recipe here









En español 
tarta de pollo y palmitos



















67 comments:

  1. With a side salad or a bowl of soup, this savoury tart would make a perfect lunch! Thanks for sharing, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tart looks delicious, Gloria. Love the lattice crust on top. I've used hearts of palm in salads, never thought to use them in a baked dish. Will definitely try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. Yes was the first time I used in baking !
      The crust amazing!

      Delete
  3. Gloria, This chicken tart is a bit like what we call chicken pot pie here in the USA. Either version is a great comfort food! Your tart is a bit lighter and probably healthier... I'll take 2 slices! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear David !! I love chicken pot pie, I have some recipes and love this too !!
      you can eat allyou want !!
      xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  4. This sounds wonderful! I love hearts of palm--what a terrific addition!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy!! yes was amazing hearts of palm with chicken ! xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  5. Deve essere molto buona. Mi piace tanto il pollo.
    Un bacio :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy I think I have a can of hearts of palm in my pantry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks and sounds so tasty. My mouth is watering! Yum! Thanks for sharing. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chicken sure works for me, eaten every day at my sea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. mi piacciono molto i cuori di palma, grazie ! Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  10. As Barbara said, I have only used hearts of palm in salads. Would love to try them in a beautiful baked dish like this! Your lattice crust is lovely, Gloria xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love in salads too ! but this on the pie with chicken was amazing!
      xoxoxo

      Delete
  11. What a delicious looking pie, love love hearts of palm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmm, it reminds me of chicken pot pie. So yummy looking! Hugs to the family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Elsie ! I love chicken pot pie!
      Hugs to you my dear!

      Delete
  13. Une tourte très tentante. J'aime beaucoup.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  14. délicieuse tourte avec une bonne salade" verte j'adore
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds delicious, Gloria and I have to try this with hearts of palm. I've never added that to a pie or other baked dish. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks so fabulous! Perfetto per una cena deliziosa!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've not used palm hearts in my dishes, I had to find out more about them here
    http://www.wisegeek.org/what-are-hearts-of-palm.htm

    Another nice looking dish

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Here is an original pie; i just use palm hearts in salad !
    Bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
  19. Molto invitante questo pasticcio di pollo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a can of hearts of palm in my pantry and can't wait to try your recipe…it sounds terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen Im glad you like it, really was delicious!!

      Delete
  21. Questo pasticcio deve essere ottimo!
    baci
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  22. In Brazil we call this "torta de palmito"...and I have not had this in years...thanks for this wonderful recipe Gloria!
    I hope you are having a fabulous week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really Juliana, yes call them "palmitos" and Brazil has many foods with palmitos.
      Really I loved this recipes. Thanks dear !

      Delete
  23. That is looking so delicious ☺

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mai fatto con il pollo....deve essere buonissimo anche con l'aggiunta dei cuori di palma, proverò!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
  25. lattice crusts always impress me, and your filling is dazzling too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adoro le pie salate, questa è da provare! Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dear Gloria, I love savory pies and quiches. And yours looks like I would love, love it - beautiful presentation with the lattice and all and just a fabulous recipe!
    Thanks for always posing such inspirational food!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  28. though i don't like butter yet this recipe is irresistible !!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This looks so good--I wish I were better with pie crust (guess I need to practice more).

    ReplyDelete
  30. I don't think I've ever had hearts of palm before unless it was in a salad and I didn't know. The lattice work is so professional, Gloria! But then again, you are a professional! Delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted