7 October 2016

Prawns and curry quiche (quiche de camarones y curry)



Some days ago I made this  Prawns and curry quiche and i was really good, especiall the crust.

A quiche is a great stand by for lunch or supper and is always
best eaten hot or warm.
And baking the pastry "blind" first, without the filling ensures that the pastry case is cooked through so it doesn't get a soggy bottom.



Source : 
From my cooking  recipes book








Recipe


Ingredients

1 1/2 cup flour
90 grams of butter
3 tablespoons ice water
salt to taste

Filling

300 grams of shrimp
1/2 red bell pepper
into thin strips
4 eggs
2 cups cream
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 pinch of pepper
Salt

Preparation

Prepare the dough

In a bowl mix together the flour and salt. Cut the butter into small cubes and add to the flour.
Mix with your fingers, add some ice water to shape the dough and mix well.
Form into a ball,wrap in plastic film  and refrigerate 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 180°c (370 F)
Remove the dough from refrigerator and roll out the dough with a roll pin  and cover pastry base with baking paper and fill with weights or beans.
 Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Remove the paper and weights. 



Filling



In a bowl mix the eggs with the cream, grated cheese, salt and pepper and red bell pepper into thin strips.
Pour the beaten egg over the  quiche dough and add up distributing shrimp .
Before taking the oven sprinkle the remained  grated cheese
 Cook for 30 minutes or until the filling is set and golden on the surface.
Take out of the oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin and transferring to a plate.
Serve warm.










73 comments:

  1. Save me a large slice, Gloria. It looks droolworthy!
    Have a great weekend!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good idea of tart ! I love curry with prawns !
    Bon week-end Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks very good. I make a very similar one but I dont like prawns, so I use tuna instead. Everything else is the same. Bon weekend to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks delicious, Gloria! Wish I had a fork to dig in with right now. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buonissima :)
    Complimenti, una torta squisita!
    Un bacio e buon fine settimana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love quiche- though I do not like curry. So, this sounds good to me- but I will skip the curry. I love how your quiche looks too! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess. I think if you dont like youcan skip from curry. Hugs!

      Delete
  7. Gloria, Great looking quiche! The only change I'd make because I don't care for bell peppers, would be to substitute jalapenos for a bit more kick... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, jalapeños sounds delicious. Have a nice weekend!

      Delete
  8. Oh my favorite plate:) Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That filling looks fabulous - a great mix.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. This is good too without crust !

      Delete
  10. Interesting quiche and so good with prawns. Great dish Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to have a big piece of this quiche, it looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Gloria, this looks so tasty. I love a bit of curry and quiche and prawns are some of my favourite treats. It is Thanksgiving weekend here and this would be a perfect brunch dish. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzzy hoipe you had an amazing weekend !!

      Delete
  13. Fun idea to put curry in your quiche, Gloria. Looks like a delicious dish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to have a piece of this right now with my first morning coffee.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous quiche, Gloria!!! I'm loving the idea of adding prawns---and I'd happily eat this any time of the day!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful quiche Gloria, this would be a big hit at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Invitante e raffinata la tua quiche!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love simple dinners like this! Great idea to add the shrimp, Gloria, and it looks delicious! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. che piatto delizioso, mi hai dato una buona idea gloria, buon weekend !Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  20. Look so yummy. Parcel me one piece dear.

    ReplyDelete
  21. quanto mi piace questa quiche! Un abbraccio SILVIA

    ReplyDelete
  22. Delicious seafood quiche! I love prawns!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Quiche is always a great choice! This one looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  24. bellissima preparazione e poi adoro il curry!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's fantastic! I love prawns with curry! Besitos

    ReplyDelete
  26. Un piatto bellissimo da vedere e squisito da assaggiare! Un bacio :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Una vera delizia questa ricetta, che fame!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Deve essere buonissima, prendo nota!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yum! Excellent flavors in this beautiful quiche.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yummy yummy Gloria ~ Yes I had a lovely Thanksgiving celebration ~ Hope you are well dear ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace , yes we are doing well.
      Send you hugs and love Grace xoxox

      Delete
  31. Sure a healthy one, yeah I can imagine a soggy bottom isn't fun haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah Pat I was thinking if you eat quichesw, maybe yes. :)
      Send you hugs !!

      Delete
  32. I've never had curry in a quiche, but I'm sure I'd love it Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Que receta mas buena Gloria!! me la guardo. Besos

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted