24 July 2016

Lemon and ginger tarts (tartas de limon y jengibre)


I love citrus flavors and I have a lot of recipes of them.
Lemon is my favorite,
And if you love the lemon like me (more than chocolate) I think love these cakes I made a while ago. (Although I have outstanding recipes)

Adapted from  : Cooksploits.com








Ingredients

( makes 6 x 8 cm diameter tarts)

260 grams plain flour 
60 grams ising sugar 
150 cold unsalted butter chopped
1 egg lightly beaten

Filling

300 ml pouring cream
200 ml milk
2 lemon zested 
1 teaspoon ginger
5 eggs yolks
100 grams caster sugar
1  1/2 tablespoon cornflour

Mathod

Preheat oven to 180° c.
Grease 6 x 8 cm tart tins

Place flour, icing sugar and butter in food procesoor and pulse until it comes together.
alternatively you can use your fingertips to rub butter into the flour and icing sugar in a large bowl until  it resembles breadcrumbs and then add egg and mix to bring together.

Wrap pastry in clingwrap and refrigerate 20 minutes.

Divide the dough into 6 portions and roll out on a lightly floured surface till 3 mm thick.
Line each tin and refrigerate20 minutes.

Prick the pastry and line with baking paper.
Fill with dried beans and bake for 15 minutes.
Remove beans and baking paper and  bake by 8 minutes until lightly golden.
Cool to room temperature.

Filling

Meanwhile make filling.

Mix cream,milk,lemon zest and ginger in a saucepan. Heat over
medium high heat to bring almost to the boil. Set aside and allow to infue for 5 minutes.
Whisk the egg yolks,caster sugar and cornflour until pale and thick,
Pour the milk mixture slowly into the eggs while whisking continuosly. Strain into a clean saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring until it thickens and begin to simmer.

Remove from heat and allow to ccol slightly for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon into the tart cases and smooth surface.
Refrigerate  for 1 hour before serving.




print recipe here















en español

Tartas de limon












56 comments:

  1. I like lemon more than chocolate too, Gloria. And lemon is absolutely perfect with ginger. This is my kind of recipe, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never think to put lemon and ginger together. Delicious idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so delicious . love citrus Flavour too

    ReplyDelete
  4. che meraviglia deliziosa :P buona settimana!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gloria, these tarts look delicious. I, too, favor lemon over chocolate!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. A combo I've never heard of before, bet it's a winner at your shore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lemon desserts are my favourite too, Gloria. This looks beautiful and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gloria, mi piace tantissimo!!
    Ti abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gloria, We love tarts! This lemon and ginger version sounds terrific. Hope all is well. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love lemon too David.
      We are better but I feel tired all the time.
      Hugs !

      Delete
  10. I love the lemon and ginger combination! (Depends on the day as to whether I love chocolate or lemon more!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love lemon Debra and Im agree sometimes I need some chocolate.
      :)

      Delete
  11. I absolutely love lemon desserts but I don't blog enough of them on my blog! This looks so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI Gloria....
    Anything lemon is delicious!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Limone e zenzero....che abbinamento delizioso, fresco e adatto per combattere il caldo di questi giorni :)
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds delicious! I have never tried lemon and ginger together- but now I am curious! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a lemon and grapefruit tree, love citrus and this recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. un dessert fantastico Gloria, un bacione !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Gloria, I must admit to being a lemon lover as well and a tart lover too, that´s for sure. I think the combination of ginger and lemon for a dessert is just perfect - just sweet enough for being a treat, yet blissfully refreshing so as not to make you feel like you had a dessert really - and lots of flavor!
    Hope you are having a nice month of July, dear friend,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Andrea and thanks for stopping by ♡♡

      Delete
  18. J'aime beaucoup la tarte au citron et je mangerai la tienne avec plaisir.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  19. These look delicious and lemon is just great tasting, so refreshing.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Una vera delizia questo dessert. Brava Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow...lemon and ginger, such a winning combination!!
    I am going to try to make these tonight.
    Thank you so much for sharing.:)

    How are you, Gloria?
    I am always thinking of you and sending lots of love and healing hugs your way! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Ygraine always appreciate yours comments.
      We are better thanks.
      My mom is still with me.
      Today we came to her home to put in order.
      My brother is fixing some things. But is so cold here.
      Hugs !

      Delete
  22. Carissima...ma questa è una ricetta meeeeravigliosaaa!
    Brava!!
    Buon pomeriggio!
    unospicchiodimelone!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks so delicous ! I love lemon and ginger !

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really need to eat before I visit your page. Always makes me so hungry. Hugs and love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. These look so refreshing and I am SO HOT right now, that I wish I had one here to eat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted