24 August 2015

almond and lemon biscotti dipped in white chocolate (from Giada de Laurentis) Biscottis con chocolate blanco





Biscotti  are a really Italian cookie.
Since it is a hard cookie biscotti is usually dipped in coffe, milk or wine before eating.
Italian eat biscotti for breakfast and as snack with coffe.

They are twice baked cookies, light on the sugar and heavy on the crunch.
If you never experienced these little slices at home then you really have to try this recipe :)

Biscotti is formed into two loaves and bakes in the oven until the outside is firm and crisp, while the inside remains soft and jusr slightly underdone.
The loaves are taken out of the oven, cooled slightly the sliced on the diagonal and sent back in for a final bake.

With a cuppa of coffe or tea are perfect!
These have almonds and lemon and dipped in white chocolate.



Adapted from Giada de Laurenttis









Ingredients

2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup cornmeal
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons grated lemon zest (from abut 3 lemons)
3/4 cup coarsely chopped whole almonds or almond slices
300 grams  white chocolate in pieces or chips


Method

Preheat oven to 180°c (325 F)

Line a large baking sheet with parchment  paper. 
In a large bowl whisk together the flour. cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
In another large bowl beat the sugar and eggs by hand or with an electric mixer until will be pale yellow, about 3 minutes.
Mix in the lemon zest and then the flour until just blended, The dough will be a little stcky. Stir in the almonds . Let the dough rest by for 10 minutes.
Divide the dough into 2 equal mounds and place  on the prepared baking sheet.
(If is necessary add some flour)
With moist hands space the dough evenly apart and form into 2 logs.
Bake for 30 minutes  until lightly browned.
Cool for 5 minutes. Using a serrated knife  cut the logs crosswise into 3/4  inch thick diagonal slices.
Arrangue the biscotti cut side  down on the same baking sheet. Bake until are pale golden. about 20 minutes.
Let cool completely.

Place the white chocolate  in a medium bowl.Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the pan does not touch the water. Stir until yhe chocolate is melted and smooth. Dip the end of each biscotti in the chocolate. Transfer the dipped biscotti to a wire rack, set over a baking sheet until the chocolate has hardened 
Store in an airtight container.


Print recipe here









En español

Biscottis de limon y almendras
con chocolate blanco

















Los biscottis son absolutamente de origen italiano.
Se usan especialmente para tomar un café o un té o chocolate.
Su textura es diferente porque se hornean dos veces, primero como un pan y despues se cortan y se doran un poco más.

Muy rico estos son con almendras laminadas o trozadas y limón y pasadas por chocolate blanco.











92 comments:

  1. Gloria, We love Biscotti but we've never had the almond lemon version dipped in white chocolate... They look and sound great! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks David!
    How are you doing dear David ?
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never eaten biscotti, but I am sure that I would love it. I love crunchy cookies. These almond and lemon and dipped in white chocolate biscotti sounds really yummy!! I would love to try one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn I have about three biscottis recipes I think but we really love this.Anyway you can use dark chocolate too :)

      Delete
  4. I love your photos! Your biscotti sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Gloria and Giada!! Love biscotti and these look delicious.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look good, and I like Giada.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Sage, a good stuff for tea or coffe :)

      Delete
  8. adoro questo genere di biscotti. golosissimi ricoperti di cioccolato :)
    un bacione, buona giornata

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gloria,complimenti per questa delizia,é una vera golosità!
    Bravissima!!!
    Un caro abbraccio e felice settimana!
    Laura<3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never smelt biscoti, but I think there is a same cookies in my country, the name is satru. Beli Jamu, Jamu atasi ejakulasi dini, Beli Jamu Online

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Gloria, I believe Biscotti rank up there as one of my very, very favorite teatime treat and your version with that cornmeal (that always adds such a wonderful crunchiness), the tart lemons and the sweet almonds sounds utterly delicious!
    Great pictures and a wonderful recipe, dear friend!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ANdrea I love biscottis with a cuppa of atea or coffe and you can store by days!
      Love with dark chocolate too!
      I love cornmeal too!!
      huggs dear!

      Delete
  12. wow delicous!! congrats and thank you for the recipe :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. che meraviglia questi biscotti, il cioccolato bianco è irresistibile ! Buona settimana

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've nailed it Gloria; they look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum! I would love a couple of them for my afternoon tea, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  16. O_O deliziosi questi biscottini!!! baciiiii

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gloria, ma sono dei biscotti splendidi :) che buoni che devono essere con il cioccolato bianco....mmmmm viene voglia di prenderne uno, anzi due o tre ;)
    Bravissima!
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Gloria, the biscotti looks so good and delicious! Love the dip in white chocolate, perfect with a hot cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Gloria , your biscottti looks so delicious !
    Très gourmand avec ce chocolat blanc !

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's very fun to make biscotti! It's beautiful and makes lovely gifts! I love Giada....so fun to watch her show on tv.
    Your lemon white chocolate recipe sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy, really are delicious!
      Love Giada recipes Betsy!!

      Delete
  21. Crunchy always works for me, if only I could eat things at my sea lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness!! These look absolutely scrumptious, Gloria...and I can't wait to try!
    Many thanks for sharing...:)

    Big Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow ....! tempting biscottis........ n white chocolate dip makes it heavenly.......... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we love these with white chocolate Remya!

      Delete
  24. Mmmmmm che delizia questi biscotti, davvero golosi!!!
    Bacioni

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have never had biscotti this way- definitely sounds unique and delicious. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. are really delicious and you can save in a jar to eat with a cuppa of tea or coffe :)

      Delete
  26. délicieux biscuits ils sont à croquer
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  27. Snap! I just made some biscotti too but with chocolate, orange, almond and cranberry. Love that youve dipped yours in white chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These look amazing Gloria ... as my husband is a Type 2 diabetic I may also try them out using almond flour instead of all purpose ... similar to this recipe http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/a-book-plus-chai-spice-biscotti-low.html

    Biscotti are great with a cup of tea or coffee.

    Many thanks

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good day Gloria, Its been a long time since I made some biscotti. Yours look really tempting. Wish I can have some for my breakfast now. uYmmm...
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you again Kristy!
      How are you doing?
      Thanks by coming dear:)

      Delete
  30. What marvelous biscotti! I love the flavors and wish my cookie jar was full of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Lizzy, what lovely friend you are.

      Really I love this recipe with white chocolate!
      xo

      Delete
  31. Almond, lemon, and white chocolate all in the same place sounds perfect. Love those flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Meravigliosi i tuoi dolcini cara,complimenti!!! :-))
    Ciao un bacione grande <3

    ReplyDelete
  33. these look wonderful one of my favorite cookies

    ReplyDelete
  34. I find biscotti a bit too dry for me, but this looks like a delicious recipe, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  35. There has been much talk about biscotti here for the last few weeks after they were featured on the Great British Bake Off on TV, yours sound great! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww true I heard about it . The funny was I made the last week :)
      Is a nice recipe AMy, hugssss!

      Delete
  36. Angie tells me I can't have any cookies. I have to lose weight. :(((

    ReplyDelete
  37. Sembrano buonissimi Gloria, mi piace molto l'accostamento di mandorle e limone. Sono perfetti insieme. Un abbraccio forte cara!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Gloria, I love the crisp sweetness of these cookies, especially with afternoon tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanlks dear I love with a cuppa of tea too !

      Delete
  39. Oh Gloria, they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Dear Gloria, Biscotti are my favorite!! I would love these with a good cup of coffee. Hope all is well. xoxo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  41. mamma mia che buoni che devono essere!!
    Ti copio la ricetta!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. You've reminded me that it's been way too long since I've made biscotti! I love the lemon mixed into these and the lovely white chocolate looks so delicious, my dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  43. Biscotti can be made so healthy--I love that you've used some cornmeal!

    ReplyDelete
  44. biscotti is sometimes a disappointment to me, but never if it's dipped in chocolate! nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted