24 November 2014

Zucchini lasagna (vegetarian) Lasaña de zapallitos italianos






People who follow my blog many times, know that I have 20 years (now)  twins and it curious that Esperanza is almost vegetarian (eating just a little fish) and Gerardo loves meat and chicken.
So in the blog I post  many vegetarian recipes.

This zucchini lasagna I love when I read the recipe.
 I made a few days ago and now is one of our favorites.
Hope you enjoy!

Source: La Cossa dulce (spanish blog)




Ingredients
(4 servings)

3 medium zucchinis
1/2 chopped onion
400 grams crushed tomatoes
or 400 grams  tin tomato
2 teaspoon of cornstarch
1 cup of milk
 1 cup grated  parmesano cheese
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt
oregano
pinch of nutmeg

Method



First cut with a sharp knife or mandolin  the zucchini (if you want your skin or peel first) These zucchini pieces will to make lasagna.
Set aside.

In a large skillet heat the oil . Cook  to medium heat and fry the chopped onion.

Add the crushed fresh tomatoes or jar diced tomatoes.
Add a little oregano and salt to taste.
Reduce heat to be cooked. And preheat oven to 180 ° c.(350° F)

Cook  the sauce about 8 minutes .,  Anyway will finish cook in the oven.
Prepare a glass baking dish and let it zucchinis  sheets for lasagna and  tomato sauce and a layer of  grated cheese.
Repeating the process, layers of zucchini, tomato sauce and grated cheese.

Make the bechamel:
Place the milk, and cornstarch in a medium pan over a low heat. Heat gently. whisking continuosly for 12 minutes, or until thickened.Add salt and a pinch of  grated nutmeg.
With bechamel cover the lasagne and sprinkle with grated cheese.
Cook in the oven about 35 minutes or until golden bubbling.
Wait about 5 minutes before cut the lasagna.
Serve with a salad.



Print recipe






En español
Lasaña de zapallitos italianos
(vegetariana)














Tengo hijos mellizos de 20 años y curiosamente la niña  es vegatariana y el otro adora las carnes:)
Asi que los que me conocen hace tiempo que siempre posteo recetas vegatarianas aunque voy alternando por supuesto!

Esta receta de lasaña de zapallitos la encontré y me encantó porque es totalmente vegatariana.
Otras llevan carne aunque sea de zapallitos.
Esta queda preciosa y muy rica.

Ingredientes
(4 porciones) 3 zapallitos medianos(o calabacines)
1/2 cabolla picada
400 gramos tomate triturado
o un tarro de tomates al jugo
2 cucharaditas de maicena
1 taza de leche
1 taza queso parmesano rallado 
3 cucharadas de aceite para el sofrito de cebolla y tomate
sal
orégano

Preparación

Con un cuchillo afilado o una mandolina  cortar l+aminas verticales del zapallito o calabacin que serán las hojas de la lasaña.
Reservar.
En un sarten grande poner el aceite a calentar y sofreir a fuego medio la cabolla ya picada. Añadir el tomate natural picado o un tarro de tomates tambien triturados.
(para que se pueda hacer la receta en verano o en invierno)
Mientras se va haciendo la salsa calentar el horno a 180°c. No importa que el sofrito se haya cocinado totalmente, se terminará de hacer en el horno.
Preparar una fuente de horno pyrex u otra y sobre ella ir colocando láminas de zapallito (como si fuera hojas de masa) y sobrte esta salsa de tomate y despues queso rallado. Repetir todo el proceso, zapallitos, salsa y queso rallado. Finalmente con la salsa bechamel que se hará esparcir sobre la lasaña y espolvorear queso . 

Salsa bechamel
En una ollita poner la leche y la maicena , revolviendo bien poner a fuego suave hasta que espese será una bechamel ligera. Añadior sal y una pizca de nuez moscada.
Con esta salsa cubrir la lasaña.
Llevar a horno precalentado (180°c) por unos 35 minutos o hasta que esté dorado y burbujeante.
Retirar del horno.
Esperar unos 5 minutos antes de servir. 
Servir con ensalada.

87 comments:

  1. #1, poor Betsy. A nice display, always with the leaf that I can eat haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes really I true I always put some leaves (haha) this is basil and other mint! So you can eat something lol

      Delete
  2. Great lasagna, Gloria! It has to be delicious! I would love it, but hubby would want some meat. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Pam I know, my son love meat too, but I find this really delicious!

      Delete
  3. It looks so tasty Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great vegan dish........itz really yummy...........I feel to eat it now.........hope u wud visit my space too.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Remya, of course I will see you soon! Only I had a lot of problems with blogger especially for comments!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. THis looks so good to me right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Gloria! I've just popped over from Amy's at Love Made My Home as we've been paired in the Christmas card swap. Looking forward to reading your blog and finding out a bit more about you (not sure how to send you an email) Janex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane! Dont worry I will see you right now!!

      Delete
  7. Ciao Gloria! Buonissima questa lasagna, è molto invitante! :D Complimenti e un forte abbraccio! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your daughter must be visiting; perfect meatless lasagna!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Molto invitante e appetitosa questa lasagna, brava Gloria!!!
    bacioni...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am DROOLING over here. That looks absolutely amazing!!!!


    I feel like lasagna is calling my name today. It keeps popping up. ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe is calling you haha
      Anyway Pat said he only eat the leaves:)

      Delete
  11. Gloria, Zucchini lasagna is something I haven't tried. It looks good though and while I prefer meat in my lasagna, I'd certainly give this version a try. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw David I know you prefer meat!! Like my son! But show this to Laurie, Is delicious!!

      Delete
  12. Twins, how wonderful! Love this veggie lasagna Gloria, looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheri! Yes the twins are something special:)

      Delete
  13. It looks so hot and spicy perfect for vegetarian

    ReplyDelete
  14. This lasagna is simply fantastic...I'm going to try your wonderful recipe as soon as possible! Thank you for sharing Gloria...Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love lasagne and yours looks delicious!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice this vegetarian lasagna Gloria. You will make both your twins happy with this. It looks really inviting, brava!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thsnks Alida.Esperanza and love this lasagna!

      Delete
  17. These pics make me hungry dear Gloria! I hope you are well! How is your mom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Az I think you would love this dear:)
      My mom is ok but tired.she has so much work with my dad!
      Besos

      Delete
  18. A great vegetarian comfort treat, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  19. La lasagna vegetariana piace molto anche a me, in genere mette d'accordo anche chi mangia la carne.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lasagna...my all-time favourite dish!
    I have never tried a vegetarian version...and now you have inspired me.
    Thank you, dear friend! :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. délicieux gratin de lasagne j'adore
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Gloria, This is a delicious meal. It is healthy too. I would enjoy it very much.
    Wishing you a very Happy and blessed Thanksgiving. xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine! Hope you have a nice thanksgiving!

      Delete
  23. Excelente receta querida Gloria, hay que variar y las comidas vegetarianas son una muy buena opción. Besitos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias nos encanta esta receta.La esperanza es vegetariana hace años!
      Besos

      Delete
  24. Un plat végétarien qui donne faim. Les lasagnes sont toujours très bonnes.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  25. cool that you are finding ways to meet the eating habits of your little ones...
    there are quite a few vegetarian dishes that i really love...
    this would be good i am sure...smiles

    thanks for checking on my gloria...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Brian Im really happy you are here again.
      Hope all of you are doing well.
      Im sure you would love this lasagna.
      xo

      Delete
  26. Yum...I can almost smell this! Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ciao Gloria!!! non ho mai fatto una lasagna con le zucchine così in versione al sugo.. E' proprio buona! baci

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ma che bontà cara Gloria,mi piace un sacco..poi io amo le zucchine!!! :-PP
    Bacioni cara e complimenti

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm not vegetarian, but a lot of the times, vegetarian recipes sound so much more interesting- probably because they have so much creativity. I absolutely love zucchinis so I'm sure I'd love this lasagne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really true Von I think in me like an open mind especially if you have a vegetsrian daughter.
      So All vegetarian recipes I put here I really enjoy!
      The other day I made this we ate almost all with daughter.
      Thanks dear!

      Delete
  30. Hi Gloria,
    I can see why this is such a favourite in your house. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Delicious looking vegetarian lasagna, Gloria. Nice and cheesy too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sounds like a recipe I can make in the summer when I have lots of zucchini! Yum!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yes we are lucky we have now almost all year zucchini.
    Of course more in summer:)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Even though I love meat, I do love vegetarian recipes too. I have had a delicious spinach and feta lasagna, and this one looks so good too. I am spinning on the globe with Singapore and Houston, Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  35. nom nom love that it is vegetarian :) And I love your little red teapot in the headbanner :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Scrumptious! This is a great vegetarian lasagna.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted