17 October 2014

Orange blossom water brioches (Brioche a la fleur d'oranger)




I love brioches and here is other brioche's recipe, from Mimí of  her Blog Manger, I love Mimí recipes, simple and delicious and she is absolutely nice.

These brioches were amazing and perfect I love with some apricot jam:)











Ingredients

2 cups 3/4 plain flour (300 g.
2 eggs
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 pack of baker's yeast (10 g)
1/3 cup + 1 tbs  butter (cubed at room temperature)
1 tbsp butter (for moulds)
1 pinch of salt
1/3 cup lukewarm milk 
2 tablespoon orange blossom water
2 tablespoon lukewarm water to dissolve yeast
1 egg for glazing 

Note: I use little moulds but you can use a traditional brioche mould or in other.

Method
Dissolve the yeast in a small bowl with 2 tablespoon of lukewarm water. Set aside for 5-10 minutes or until it turns frothy.In a large bowl mix sifted flour, salt, sugar, yeast and butter. Add eggs, orange blossom water and milk gradually and mix well with a big wooden spoon. 
Start kneading until you get a smooth ball shaped dough, about 8 - 10 minutes.
Cover bowl with a cloth and leave to rise in a warm room about 3 hours or overnight.
Start kneading the dough on a non floured surface, just to to get rid of a few trapped air bubbles, about 1-2 minutes.
Line the moulds with butter and place the dough inside the moulds . Cover with a cloth again and leave to rise for about 1 
hour.
Preheat the oven to 180°c/350°F. With the help pf a brush,glaze the surface of the brioche with the egg.
Bake for 30 minutes. If the top starts brown too much, place a sheet of parchment paper to protect.
Let chill by a while but are lovely warm!



PRINT RECIPE














orange tree







EN ESPAÑOL

Brioches con agua de azahar










Los brioches son exquisitos en cual tiempo ya sea para el té o para desayunar, con mantequilla o mermelada o solos.

Ingredientes
2 tazas 3/4 harina sin polvos de hornear
2 huevos
1/4 taza de azúcar granulada
1 sobre de levadura seca (10 g.)
1/3 taza más 1 cucharada de mantequilla
temperatura ambiente
1 pizca de sal
1/3 taza de leche tibia
2 cucharaditas de agua de azahar 
(o en caso jugo de naranja)
2 cucharadas de agua tibia para disolver la levadura
1 huego para el glaseado

Para decorar flores de azahar. (optativo)
Se pueden usar moldes de muffins para hacer pequeños o un molde de brioche para hacer uno grande.

Preparación




78 comments:

  1. A great breakfast to wake up to, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Gloria! Where do you get the orange blossom water? Did you make it yourself?
    I'm sure it will be good even without. I can't wait to share my pictures from Lavanda Case de Te where I went yesterday in Frutillar with a friend.
    You would love it! I'll post later as I am headed out the door. Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori! I see now in some stores or supermarkes but with oranje uice is delicious too.!OMY you know
      bu only I wanted to know Casa del Te I herad is beautiful ! I cant wait kllok your pics!
      Dont worry about orange blossom you would love the same with orange juice!

      Delete
  3. I love that it's not an overniht process.And they are so cute..baker's yeast..can I use dry yeast as in my bread?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique. Yes I use the dry yeast I use in my bread.!

      Delete
  4. They sure turned out great, beat besty to haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love brioche too and the orange blossom water must taste wonderful in these lovely brioche buns. I can imagine them eaten with some orange marmalade for breakfast! I also love Mimi's blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan!
      Yes isn't she lovely?
      I love her recipes:)

      Delete
  6. Your plates are very nice , a little " vintage" !
    I love orange blouson water in brioche ! Bye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mewrci beaucoup un aguile! Love blue plates are English! and I love vintage!
      xo

      Delete
  7. che meraviglia queste piccole brioche, devono essere delicatissime :) un bacio, buon fine settimana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glorita! ¡¡Mis naranjos también están en flor, ese aroma maravilloso al atardecer es de las cosas más bonitas de la primavera, para mi gusto. Amiga, estos brioches son mortales y totalmente prohibidos para mi desde que tengo insulino resistencia (: snifff, pero fíjate que ya me acostumbré a la harina de centeno, que es la única que me permiten por ahora. Besitos amiga

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ay Pamela que pena la insulino resistenci si pues las harinas blancas no se permiten.Pero fijate que estoy usando harto la harina integral me encanta especialmente para los panes.besos

      Delete
  9. immagino il profumo dei fiori d'arancio, che delizia! Buon fine settimana Gloria, un abbraccio !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie Chiara! Buon fine settimana !
      un abbraccio!

      Delete
  10. looks wonderful must share this with an orange farmer I know

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Rebecca, Of course you can share!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear Gloria, they look so refreshingly delicious! I sure would love just one bite right now, lol...Is that your Orange tree growing??? The blossoms must smell lovely:)

    Thank you so much for sharing, Gloria...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Is really small still.my orange tree lol
      But I call tree because give orange two years ago and are delicious.
      Yes smell amazing for me is the spring parfum is lovely.
      Thankd for coming dear Louise:)

      Delete
    2. Maybe I could call."orange bush"?
      lol
      xo

      Delete
  13. Yummy brioches, beautifully presented!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Assolutamente deliziose cara!!!:-))
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing looking brioche, Gloria!
    And lovely orange tree!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Joyce!
    Yes really is little but give me some oranges all years:))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gloria, These beautiful little brioches with some fresh local dairy butter...and my day would have an amazing beginning! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, yes they are perfect for breakfast or any time!!

      Delete
  18. Je vais faire un peu de cela, mais je vais utiliser de citron. Ils ont l'air délicieux!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ils sont délicieux! Et j'aime citron! Mais je les aime avec des oranges!

      Delete
  19. Moi aussi j'adore les brioches et les tiennes sont délicieuses.
    J'aime beaucoup.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your brioche DOES look perfect, Gloria! And I love that you added orange blossom water :) Lovely!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy really Mimi has amazing recipes:)

      Delete
  21. I'm going to make these, Gloria! Love brioche and with that wonderful citrus flavor, they must be delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara ! Really they are delicious:)

      Delete
  22. Dear Gloria, These look simply wonderful. I think these would be perfect for a nice Sunday breakfast. Blessings dear friend. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. They look scrumptious, and they are very pretty.
    Thank you, Gloria.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your orange tree picture! And the blossoms look so pretty surrounding the delicious brioches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Inger! I love oranges! Is amazing all orange things:
      The juice, the peel, the blossoms reall Im thanksful to have some oranges tree.
      xo

      Delete
  25. These must taste delicious I am sure!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow...brioches flavoured with orange blossom...can't wait to try these!
    My mouth is watering already!!
    Many thanks for sharing.:)

    Big Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks good Gloria (now I am hungry again after my breakfast) ~ Also enjoyed your presentation with blossoms ~

    ReplyDelete
  28. i love how golden they look and i think you have a nice collection of plates, they are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lena! Absolutely true! I love beauty plates and someones are from many years:)
      Especially love blue plates. And of course I love Dowton abbey:(
      Thanks for stopping by !

      Delete
  29. What beautiful little brioches - love the glossy glaze

    ReplyDelete
  30. Qué buenos te han quedado y con ese olorcito tienen que ser una pasada de ricos.

    besos

    ReplyDelete
  31. mmm i think the apricot jam would make a fine addition to it...
    and some of that coffee as well...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Goodness, they must taste fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh - look at these! I can taste them from here. My mouth is watering. And I love the decoration of the delicate orange blossoms - so pretty, Gloria. xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. The tops turned out beautifully! I bet this would be great with a cup of coffee or tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Brioches invitanti e profumate! Mi piacciono tanto, Gloria, sei sempre bravissima! Un abbraccio :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  36. Orange blossom water brioches... Don't think I ever had one of those...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted