5 October 2014

asparagus and ricotta quiche










This really delicious Asparagus and ricotta quiche  you can make with fresh asparagus or frozen asparagus is to any time any season, brunch or lunch and believe me is sooo good!

Enjoy:)

From my own collection of notebook recipes











Ingredients

Crust

200 grams all purpose flour
100 grams ice butter in pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3  cup ice water

Filling

2 eggs
1/3 cup green onions chopped
salt and pepper
500 grams asparagus
2 cups ricotta cream
1/3 cup parmesan grated cheese


Method

Crust
First sift the flour over a bowl and add the salt
Cut the butter in tiny cubes. Add the butter to the flour with your fingers tips.

The dough will feel like coarse and grains between your fingers.
add the ice water until the dough is homogeneous . If the dough is dry are a little water and if so moist add a little flour.

Make a ball and put in plastic bag by 30 minutes in fridge.
Let the dough warm up a little before rolling.
Preheat oven at 180°
Put in a tart pan and pinch with a fork the bottom.
Bake by 10 minutes or until is dry.

Filling

Cook the asparagus by a while cut in pieces and set aside.
Save the asparagus tips to the final .
In a large bowl beat the eggs and ricotta,  green onions and short asparagus,  add salt and pepper.
Pour into the prepared crust  asparagus and ricotta batter and over put the asparagus tips. Sprinkle the grated cheese and bake 20 minutes or until is golden.
 



Print recipe








ESPAÑOL

Quiche de ricotta y esparragos














Esta receta de la masa del quiche es la que siempre hago. Incluso se puede refrigerar o congelar.
Si se refrigera cocer un poco antes.
Pero la verdad es que uno no se demora nada.

Ingredientes 
masa


200 gramos de harina sin polvos de hornear
100 gramos de mantequilla helada en trozos
1/2 cucharadita de sal
1/3 taza de agua helada

Relleno
2 huevos
1/3 taza de cebollines picados 
sal y pimienta
500 gramos de esparragos frescos o congelados
2 tazas de ricotta 
1/3 taza queso parmesano rallado

Preparación

Para la masa.
Poner la harina y sal en un bol.Agregasr la mantequilla helada y deshacer con los dedos, mezclando.
Agregar despacio el agua helada y unir hasta tener una masa homogénea.
Hacer una bola con la masa y poner en una bolsa plástica que se pone al refrigerador por unos 30 minutos.
Despues retirar y dejar que unos minutos la masa esté a temperatura ambiente.
Precalentar el hono a 180°c (horno medio)
Estirar la masa con el rodillo y colocar en el molde de tarta.
Pinchar el fondo con un tenedor.
Llevar a horno por unos 10 minutos. O hasta que esté seca.

relleno





92 comments:

  1. #1 what fun! The cat beat everyone haha I tried that once back in the day when I could eat it at my bay, not bad

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Pat you are the number one:))
    Use only eggs and asparagus because you dont eat milk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gloria, this looks so delicious! It's one of our favorite breakfast, brunch or lunch treats.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so delicious! I love asparagus quiche and make it often in spring with wild asparagus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gloria, Looks great to me! I like almost anything that has asparagus in it or near it! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quiche is a favorite of mine Gloria..Ricotta sounds like a very good idea~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks monique.yes I love make quiches and you can make with a lot of veggies.
      xo

      Delete
  7. looks delicious Gloria, un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! Though I haven't seen asparagus down south here yet! But it's coming and I'll be ready with my homemade ricotta!
    Blessings,Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the south the best time for asparagus is October, so just in time, see when yo go to groceries!
      Thanks Lori:)

      Delete
  9. Looks delicious and yummy........

    ReplyDelete
  10. This savoury tart with asparagus looks superb, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like heaven. Wonderful. Wonderful.

    Today I make pot of chicken stock. Kitchen smells good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivy:)
      I love chicken stock made at home:)

      Delete
  12. this would be great for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quiche looks so creamy and wonderful! I'm going to have to try ricotta in my next one :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We love dishes like this! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the clicks. The quiche looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh this really yummy Gloria! :D

    I could wake up to this every morning...although it would be perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks dear Tammy!
      My daughter loves quiches !
      Yes I think is good to every timed or season!
      xo

      Delete
  17. Great for any meal - asparagus is my favourite veggie. This looks d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzy! I love aspsragus too!

      Delete
    2. You have such a pretty new header with those amazing muffins - I think that's what they are. With a ripe cherry and almonds? Yummmm!

      Delete
  18. What a lovely recipe, Gloria! I sure wish it was Asparagus season around here, that would mean Spring!!! Well, at least it is a warm season for you:) I really like this recipe Gloria. It would be wonderful with fresh asparagus. I had better Pin it, lol...Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Louise.I love aspsragus and
      BTW I make quiches with all I have at hand:)
      Thsnks by pin!
      A big hug to you:)

      Delete
  19. nice...i must say in the last couple years i have really fallen in love with asparagus...
    i always remember it as mushy from before but roasting it has been amazing....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love roasted asparagus too Brian.
      Thsnks dear:)

      Delete
  20. Gloria, I would love to have a piece of this quiche for breakfast, it looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely quiche. Makes for an elegant dish!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I misread the title of this recipe, I thought it said risotto, not ricotta, and I was reading thinking where is the risotto!! How silly am I!!! It looks delicious though, and much better for not having risotto in it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww Amy you always make me laugh!!!
      I think is more easy than a risotto!! and is so good AMy!!

      Delete
  23. Your quiche looks wonderful, Gloria. Exactly what I'd like for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara really perfect for lunch or dinner. but really I made for lunch the other day!!

      Delete
  24. Oh ricotta I could have it everyday! This is a beautiful and delicious quiche Gloria. Always good and tasty recipes on your blog! Buona settimana ciao cara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes usually I make ricotta for breads and hubby love it!
      Buona settimana cara, Un abbraccio!

      Delete
  25. Quiche is one of my favourite and only ways to enjoy eggs my friend. This version looks extra yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vall! what nice to see you dear!!
      I know you love ricotta too!
      xo

      Delete
  26. Molto molto appetitosa!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love quiche and yours looks so decadent. :) Gotta make one for my family soon.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love asparagus with eggs. This quiche looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks Pam I love asparagus too:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. It is nice that we can usually get fresh asparagus almost all year long now. What a delicious quiche. This could easily be dinner for me!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yes Susan I made this for daugther and me;)
    Is easy and delicious! I noticed too that last years we usually get fred asparagus all year long too:))
    Thanks Susan:)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Now that is one of my favourite recipes of all time!..( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Looks fun to make for a family sit down breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a delicious packed with flavors tart!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love asparagus quiche! I will have to try with ricotta some time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really I think Inger with ricotta is something special.
      Thanks:)

      Delete
  36. I love quiche...of all kinds, so can't wait to try this.
    It looks absolutely delicious!

    Big Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ygraine yes we love quiches too, you can make with any veggie not only asparagus, spinachs, zucchinis, green beans, mushrooms ....

      Delete
  37. Que quiche mas deliciosa Gloria!! me encanta con ricota la probaré. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  38. Dear Gloria, What a lovely quiche. This is perfect for lunch or dinner. Beautiful.. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  39. It looks delicious! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  40. delicious love quiche and its great for spring there well I guess summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! The amazing the quiche you can make every season An

      And I love this quiche crust:)

      Delete
  41. Sounds like a wonderful combination of ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Yum! I'd have to leave the asparagus out, though. Could I switch it with bacon? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can make with bacon or zucchini or only green onions, all you like more:)

      Delete
  43. Congrats on this beautiful quiche. Light and delicious and perfectly baked!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Ricotta filling in a quiche..this sounds like a creamy and delicious recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love quiche! I'd eat it every day! :)
    Wonderful job, Gloria. As always!
    A big hug,
    MG

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love your food. Thank you very much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted