29 September 2014

Whole wheat chocolate Blueberry cake (Cake de chocolate con harina integral y arándanos)



This chocolate blueberry cake is really good! But when I saw the pictures , I noticed   maybe I put a lot of mint decoration !! 
But you guys can decorate it as you like :)
Sorry for that but I was so focused and happy doing that I did not realize, as Keith says tut! 
Keith know much cooking and baking because he spent time in France! 
He makes lovely breads:)
I can see that Keith tut!


Source: Better Home and gardens




Ingredients

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup golden  brown sugar
6 tablespoon  unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
2 eggs

Garnish
1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
3 tablespoons heavy cream


Method

Preheat oven to 180°c (350F)
In a medium bowl combine flour,sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and  salt.
In blender combine water and eggs. Blend until smooth . Add to mflour mixture. Whisk until combine and add the frozen blueberries.
Pour the batter in a greased  8x8x2 baking pan.
Bake about 30 minutes or  until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
Desmold onto swerving plate.
In a small microwave  bowl heat the heavy cream by 1 minute.
Add the chocolate pieces, stiur and let stand by a while.
You have to be a smooth chocolate cream.
Spreading in  cooled cake. Garnish with blueberries and some mint if you desire.


Print recipe














EN ESPAÑOL
Cake de chocolate y harina integral con arándanos







Aún no salen los nuevos arándanos y si hay deben ser carísimos. Asi que derechamente pensé en hacer esta receta con arándanos congelados.
Aqui en Chile tenemos estupendas empresas de arándanos y frutos congelados que no son tan caros.
Se pueden encontrar todo el año en los supermercados.
Hay que estar viendo. Cuando encuentro ofertas compro y congelo asi tengo para todo el año y por supuesto congelo en verano.
La frambuesa congela maravillosamente.

Me encantó que esta receta llevara harina integral y aún asi quedara como brownie!





Ingredientes

1 1/2 taza de harina integral
1 taza de azucar rubia 
6 cucharadas de cocoa   o chocolate sin azúcar
1 cucharadita polvos de hornear
1/2 cucharadita de bicarbonato de sodio
1/4 cucharadita de sal
3/4 taza de agua
2 huevos
1/2 taza de arándanos congelados o frescos

Para el glaseado de chocolate
1/2 taza de arándanos frescos o congelados
1/2 taza de chocolate en trozos (en barra)
3 cucharadas de crema espesa

Preparación

Precalentar el horno a 180°c





85 comments:

  1. Tut, tut! I don't like blueberries, I like blackberries. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tut! I like blackberries toio!
    but really I love all berries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gloria: This looks so good! And, I have blueberries in the freezer from this summer.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie! Is nice freeze berries and you can have always!
      xo

      Delete
  4. Gloria, Love blueberries and chocolate together...and this cake looks really moist! I think that the mint leaves were the perfect decoration...otherwise the cake would have looked like a big bumpy brown lump. Nice touch! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha David Yes I I know I put a lot of mint but really like chocolate is really dark I love to add mint!
      Yes the kids and hubby eat all and Esperanza think is like brownie;)
      Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Que buena pinta! tiene que estar delicioso. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this dark chocolate cake with blueberries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. chocolate and berries....mmm....def a great combination...
    def speaking my language....smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks stunning! I like all the berries.

    ReplyDelete
  9. un cake super goloso con questo abbinamento strepitoso. un bacio, buona settimana

    ReplyDelete
  10. More pretty leaves for me to eat haha hopefully they aren't the bad kind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes are the good ones Pat!but I think you still eat berries:)

      Delete
  11. Hi Gloria, I bet chocolate and blueberries go so well together, lovely dessert here~

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks great, Gloria! I don't think I've ever had chocolate and BB together, perfect combo! And I have all the ingredients except the flour. And the mint adds a pretty touch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks so delicious, I love blueberries

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think you should worry about the mint Gloria, it looks very pretty indeed and I am sure that it tasted wonderful!! I love to read the names of the dishes in both languages as they sound so different and yet so interesting either way! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah dear Amy really when I noticed all was ready and the pictures made.So I think is ordtty and delicious anyway:)
      Yes I love to put in two languajes so all know the name:(
      Really tasted delicious:)

      Delete
  15. wow che bontà!! ottima per la merenda del pomeriggio!! grazie 1000 e buona serata, ciao Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  16. I has to be amazing..choco and blueberries..has to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes dear I think was delicious and the twiuns ate all :))

      Delete
  17. This looks really good...I've never had this combination before! Yum! So pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes Betsy was so good and the kids and hubby loved:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Gloria, This is a beautiful cake and the blueberries and chocolate are a wonderful combination. Blessings and hugs, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gloria these blueberries look delicious!!!!
    xox
    Un beso

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely, you managed to put all these berries in the cake...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Un dolce meraviglioso!
    Mi piace tanto anche la menta come decorazione :)
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  23. Interesting! Healthier, too! So you can't tell the difference between this and traditional chocolate cake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely is the same, like eat a delicious brownie!!

      Delete
  24. Great combination of flavors! It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lovely cake! I love anything with blueberries.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for the recipe Gloria ~ it looks delicious .
    We have a lot of mint growing on the farm so
    I will probably decorate it just as you have :)
    Have a lovely week,
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Villow! oh you can decorate to your way:)
      I always have to take of the mint leaves when the kids will eat , you know.
      Anyway I love mint! And this year my mint is really pretty:)
      xo

      Delete
  27. Looks good. I like the whole wheat twist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lilith In some recipes I try to use wheat flour you know is better!

      Delete
  28. Glorita linda! ¿Cómo ha estado? Yo medio perdida, pero ya por fin me he reintegrado y aquí ando visitando a las amigas. Este queque se ve mortal, tus hijos son muy afortunados de que les prepares tanta delicia! Besitos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Pamela, tú que eres buena siempre me visitas. Me estuve acordando de tí!
      Me alegro que hayas vueñlto, un abrazo!!

      Delete
  29. That is a neat combination. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your cake looks marvelous...and the pops of green are so pretty! YES, I DO hope we get to meet some day!!! Wouldn' that be fun????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Lizzy would be soo fun!
      Haha ! Im sure we would talk a lot:))
      Yes i love mint and how we are in spring is lovely.
      The last summer I dont have so much mint!
      I love use in desserts!

      Delete
  31. Gloria, the cake looks wonderful. I love the blueberry and chocolate combination.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Chocolate and berries, I never try ...but that must be delicious !

    ReplyDelete
  33. Take out the whole wheat and I'm all for it. Wheat just sounds too healthy for me, Gloria. Can we replace it with chocolate? That'd be awesome! ;)

    Elsie
    co-host IWSG
    ♡♥♡♥

    ReplyDelete
  34. A cake with blueberries.. mmm.. I love the look of this cake. You have been very generous with the blueberries on top. It must be divine. Ciao e buona settimana. Baci.

    ReplyDelete
  35. That's quite a variety of ingredients! But it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh my goodness...this looks SO amazing!
    I have never seen anything like this before...can't wait to try it.
    You are so talented, Gloria!

    Big Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Gloria,
    Your cake looks very moist, chocolaty and delicious with the blueberries!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh my! How decadent. I have never had this combination before. Blueberries and chocolate? How could you go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Looks amazing - don't think I've had chocolate and blueberries!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Danette May Found The Recipe Of Here Superfood Cacao Bliss

    Made some peanut butter cups with its recipe and tasted so good! I slept well last night after consuming my Cacao Bliss Reviews!
    Full of great nutrition too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted