15 September 2014

Copy-cat Lofthouse Sugar cookies (Secret recipe Club)





This time in Secret Recipe Club my assignment was Melissa from Melissa's cuisine  and I was a lot of time looking her recipes (she have a lot) finally I choose this cookie's recipe and was absolutely lovely!

Thanks Melissa by a lovely and yum cookie's recipe.
Many times I didn't make cookies and was a pleasure.
Yes this recipe make me think in Christmas:)







Ingredients
(about 5 dozen cookies)

1 cup butter room temperature
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cup sour cream
6 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

METHOD

In the bowl of your stand mixer using the paddle attachment
cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy about 3 minutes.
Add the eggsone at time beating after each addition until is incorporated.
Add the vanilla and sour cream and beat until 
is incorporated.
add the flour-baking powder-baking soda- and salt and mix on low speed until combined. The dough will be sticky.
Divide the dough in half and flattennin rectangles.Will help you work on a floured surface and flour your hands. 
Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.

After this time remove one of the dough rectangles from the fridge.
Place the dough on a  floured surface and roll out about 1/4 inch thick.
You can add a little more flour is needed.
Use a 2 1/2" cookie cutter to cut the cookies.
Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. It is best to work in small batches and keep the dough cold until you are ready to work with it.

Note: I divide all the dough in two batches and let one of the batches in the fridge until the next day when I made the remaining cookies.

Bake at  190°c by 9 minutes until the cookies are lightly browned.
Allow the cookies completely before frosting them.
Decorate as desired.
Store in an airght container at room température.
You can also freeze unfrosted cookies.

Frosting 
(I adapted some ingredients 
in this but I dont have problem)

1 cup of butter room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoon heavy cream
food coloring 
(I used only some drops of pink)

In the bowl of your stand mixer cream together the butter and vanilla.
Slowly beat in the powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
Mix in heavy cream one tablespoon at time until you have the desidered frosting consistency.
Add a few drops of food color until evenly colored.Store in an
airtight container in the refrigerator.
Bring to room temperature before spreading.

Print recipe












En Español

galletas Lofthouse sugar










Estas galletas quedan muy lindas.
Y me recuerdan como la Navidad.
Este mes es de nuevo Secret Recipe Club y me tocó el blog de Melissa's cuisine.
Melissa tiene muy buenas recetas y para varias me costó elegir
Finalmente hice estas galletas.
Salen hartas pero se puede hacer la mitad de la receta si se quiere. Yo hice todo pero el primer dia hornee una porción y al otro día el resto.
La masa queda super buena en el refrigerador.Lo más importante para las galletas es el tiempo.
Las galletas se cocinan muy rápido asi que mejor poner el reloj y tomar el tiempo.

Ingredientes

1 taza de mantequilla temperatura ambiente
2 tazas de azucar
3 eggs
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 1/2 taza de sour  cream o 1 taza yogurt natural
(hay que probar la consistencia de la masa si queda bien con una taza es ok)
1 cucharadita polvos de hornear
1 cucharadita de bicarbonato
1/4 cucharadita de sal

Preparación


104 comments:

  1. Ciao Gloria che delicata delizia!! Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, they are lovely! sour cream is hard to find down here en el campo del sur. Though I am trying to make some. It is sitting in the fridge right now souring so I may make this today! Tell me what I should make for my dieciocho party?
    I want to make something on the Parilla. Any suggestions?
    Thanks, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori!
      Yes you can make sour cream and usewhen you make.Try with1 cup first I thinkis enough!
      I made my own sour cream too.
      I havent here too.
      About 18 yes usuallywe make grilled meat andsome fish because daugther doesn't it meat.
      You can make some sopaipillas too!
      Sometimes we eat some empanadas first and then the grilled meat with salads like tomatos,potatoes, lettuces and avocado is you has.
      xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Sounds good and I may make your Turron de vino also!

      Delete
  3. These look amazing. I bet Beate would love these :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh beautiful fairy cakes. They look divine Gloria! Deliziosi davvero :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW! These look so pretty...I just have to try to make some...thank you so much for this fabulous recipe!

    Big Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look really great indeed, used to eat sugar cookies when I was allowed lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sono stupendi Gloria!! Sembrano i biscotti delle bambole!!
    Li rifarò alla mia bambina!
    Un abbraccio <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cheery! I bet they taste good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummy these would be perfect for Valentine's Day too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine:)
      Yes are pretty too for Valentine's.

      Delete
  10. These are the cutest things! Pink and pretty... and I bet very tasty too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look like they'd go really well with some tea Gloria dear :) Hope you are well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delicious and wonderful........... Thumbs up.......!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ils sont magnifiques, bravo
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi gloria! not only christmas, it reminds me of valentine's day too! it 's a lovely pink!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've always wanted to make these but haven't yet. They look wonderful!!! I love your sprinkles!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gloria, We both love cookies and these look great! Thanks for the recipe and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty, Gloria! My family would love me to make these cookies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks perfectly pink as my daughter would say! They look like little pillows, I bet those cookies are really soft and yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pink and delicious! :-)

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Copy-cat? I knew it! You made them for Pat the Cat in the Hatt! I'm not jealous at all.

    So these are your famous cookies? Well, they sure look cheery. Are they sweet like me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silly ! I dont make for the cat!
      He doesnt eat cookies:)
      Aww you are jealous:))
      I will make for you some blueberries or maybe mangoes:)

      Delete
    2. That's right, he doesn't. Of course I'm jealous. I'm so jealous I turn blue. Mangoes... you know I love them a whole lot.

      Delete
    3. I will try to make something with mango soon or...blueberries!!

      Delete
  21. Effectivement, ces biscuits font penser à Noël. Ils doivent être délicieux.
    Je t'en pique un.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw merci beaucoup Nadji:)
      Yes I think in Christmas and someones think in Valentine's
      But are festive:))
      A bientot mon amie!

      Delete
  22. Hi Gloria, love these pink little cookies, they are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Gloria! I'm so glad that you liked these cookies :) They are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa ! Thanks to you by a lovely recipe:))

      Delete
  24. lovely and thanks so much for the lovely spring pictures how cool to have a pear tree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love pears Rebecca but the birds eat a lot:))
      Thanks for stopping by:)

      Delete
  25. Dear Gloria, These cookies are beautiful and in one of my favorite colors!! Blessings dear. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sembrano dei gioielli :)
    Eleganti e di un bellissimo colore rosa.
    Baci!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ooo.... love pink ! So girly. Wish I can have some too.
    Hope you're having a fabulous week ahead dear.
    Blessings, kristy

    ReplyDelete
  28. They look so pretty and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are almost too pretty to eat. Almost :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. They are so pretty in pink, Gloria :) I'll bet delicious too, judging from the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan is a really good recipe by Meslissa!

      Delete
  31. They look very tasty, but I think they would be too sweet for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe But I eat without the pink cream I made 2 batches and the first I painted! the second not!
      Thanks by the visit Keith!

      Delete
  32. I like the pink sweetness ~ Thanks Gloria ~

    ReplyDelete
  33. molto invitanti con questo bel colore rosa, un abbraccio SILVIA

    ReplyDelete
  34. These are so pretty. They remind me of macarons.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such pretty and delicious looking cookies, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  36. omg! they look so yummy! i love this delicious color!

    ReplyDelete
  37. bellissimi e molto golosi...brava Gloria :*

    ReplyDelete
  38. These cookies look great Gloria, I like the sour cream in it and they are so pretty in pick!
    Have a wonderful week dear :D

    ReplyDelete
  39. hello! thank you for your comment! You asked if the black sprinkle is a sesame- yes it is:) i have a question. Can you change the language while being on my blog? It's in the top right corner. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcela! I think maybe was black sesam!
      A nice plate! Thanks by the translator I will see when comeback to your blog:)

      Delete
  40. THOSE are such pretty cookies. Makes me think of a party.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Such Pretty cookies. Makes me think of a party.

    ReplyDelete
  42. These are so pretty. They would be perfect for a baby shower.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Pretty! Perfect for a girly party.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  44. Que bonitas Gloria! me encantan para navidad . Besos

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love the color of this cookies ! So SWEET ! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted