20 August 2014

Apple Mug pie (Pie de manzanas en mug)


I love apple pie and days a go I saw this recipe of apple's pie mugs and find cute!
And sometimes maybe we don't want make a big apple pie.
I made two mugs about 10 oz (315 ml )each one more a little about 6 oz.
This pie crust is light flaky tender and very crisp. 
You can use for any pie or tart recipe.


Source: Offbeat+inspired






Ingredients

1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
2 tablespoons of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of salt
8 tablespoons cold butter
4 tablespoon ice water

For the filling
2 granny smith apples (or others)
juice and zest of 1 lemon
2 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 teaspoon of butter

For the brush
1 egg beaten an 1 teaspoon water


Method

Make the crust 
Combine the flour sugar and salt in a bowl. Cut the cold butter in pieces add them to the flour mixture and stir until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Add the ice water until the crumbs are moist enough to form a dough. Pull the dough ball together and wrap in a plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 180°c (350 degrees) grease your mugs with butter and make the filling.
Wash and peel the apples core and slice the apples and put in a medium bowl.
In a small bowl mix the juice and zest of lemon with 2 tbsp of sugar and the cinnamon.
Pour this mixture over the apples and stir until the apples are fully coated.
Cut the cold pie dough and roll out 2 circles on a lightly floured surface with a roll pin (if you need ar more flour).
Line your buttered mugs with the dough and trim excess of each crus.
Roll out the trimmings into 2 more circles for the top crust.
Distribute the apple mixture between the mugs and dot with 1 teaspoon butter each.

Add the top crust and pinch the edges to seal. Score the crust with a knife 2 times and brush with the beaten egg.

(If you use more small mugs you can make other mug with the remaining dough I made 3 mugs)

Bake at 180° for 45 minutes or until the crust are golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with vanilla Ice cream or whipped cream.



Print here

















En español
Pie de manzanas en mugs o tazones










Hace tiempo cuando vi esta receta me encantó. Siempre me han gustado las porciones individuales . Y muchas veces es mucho hacer un pie entero.
Con esta receta se pueden hacer 2 mugs o tazones medianos (315 ml aprox) y uno más pequeño.
Es una muy buena receta y la masa del pie super buena

Ingredientes

1 1/2 taza de harina sin polvos de hornear
2 cucharadas de azucar
1/4 cucharadita de sal
8 cucharadas de mantequilla bien fría
4 cucharadas de agua fría

Para el relleno
2 manzanas verdes (u otras)
el jugo y la ralladura de 1 limón
2 cucharadas de azucar
3 cucharaditas de mantequilla

Para la masa
1 huevo batido con un poco de agua

Preparación


96 comments:

  1. Gloria, Great idea for one of my favorite pies... Little pies, less calories! I don't know about the 3 scoops of ice cream though! Yum! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David Yes you can add only a little scoops of Ice cream:)

      Delete
  2. smiles...cool heart pressed into the crust...and i bet that it tastes pretty good as well...esp with ice cream

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apples I like at my sea at least

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea Gloria! I love this delicious looking pie in a mug!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. this really looks cute in the mug! Love the little heart. I started a pinterest board for all those cup/jar recipes. They all look yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love desserts in cups or jars Betsy:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks perfect. I love individual desserts, I am going to have to try this. I love the recipe for the crust, it sounds like it would be nice and flaky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn I love the crust im thinking in make this again with apples and blackberries:)

      Delete
  8. So adorable made in a mug! Love that one with ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of mug size pie...looks delicious with the ice cream on it...yum!
    Thanks for the inspiration Gloria...hope you are having a wonderful week :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's not only delicious but look pretty too served in a cup

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mi piacciono le monoporzioni, ma queste tazze sono irresistibili tanto sono belle da vedere, oltre che deliziose :)
    Bravissima, hai realizzato un dolce meraviglioso!
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks so luscious! I love the way you serve it with the icecream on top!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks heavenly delicious. I LOVE apple pie!! And I always think a while big pie is too much. This is perfect. And the ice-cream on top.....my mouth is watering right now :D

    Thank you for your sweet welcome! I missed you, too, and I'm so happy to be back for a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beate :)
      For you is perfect you can make two mugs one for Keith and other for you:D
      xo

      Delete
  14. This is such a good idea Gloria!! It would be great if you are having a group of people then rather than serving up individual portions you can give them each their own cup - saves on washing up too!!! You always surprise me with your baking! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the part of they can washing up lol
      Thanks Amy!

      Delete
  15. A fantastic idea and gorgeous dessert!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't made any yet, but there are some very fun ones out there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have recipes of someones if you like to see in Labels: Desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So original this idea Gloria. I would do this for guests as well. Looks so cute and sooo tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alida!
      The crust id flaky and delicious!

      Delete
  19. Yum!!! I think Cracker Barrel did pies in mugs at some time? Seems like it... It's a great idea that would fit their theme if they haven't already done it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont know if they have Stephanie but here we are not

      Anyway is easy to make if you dont want make the dough you can buy crust pies a the stores and you only fill!:)

      Delete
  20. That is so clever! It looks delicious and a fun way to enjoy a favorite pie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I absolutely love this recipe! Thanks for sharing, I'm gonna try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Gloria, what a clever idea! love this!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are SO cute, Gloria! I'm going to have to make some myself once the weather cools down and it's officially apple season!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute and looks fantastic. I have always been partial to apple pie creations--makes me hungry right now!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such fun, Gloria! I love desserts in a jar. Easy to tote someplace too. Lovely recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Gloria,
    What a beautiful and delicious dessert! I love apple pie and serving it with ice cream in a cup is simply irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've seen the chocolate mug desserts but never an apple mug pie! What a cute idea and looks so delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Susan I have made chocolate dessert too in jars but not like this:)

      Delete
  28. Que estupenda idea en tazas! me encanta Gloria y con helado tiene que estar delicioso. Besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Rosana quedan lindos y la masa es muy rica:)

      Delete
  29. My kids would love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. i've heard of mug cakes, but never pies in a cup - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the little heart on top, too cute! This looks like the perfect individual dessert :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gloria Dear,

    This is a clever idea apple pie to warm the heart served in a cup of love. I think this would make a great idea to bake for a gift for someone who is sick or a birthday or something. I may have to try this as I just like the symbolism behind the whole creation. Wishing you a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Truedessa Im absolutely agree with you!! Of course is lovely to make a gift (I think in that too) and you can find beauty mugs I had these 2 large cups and for this I use because others are more small.
      And the heart thanks was my idea :))) Have a nice weekend!

      Delete
  33. What an original recipe!Love apple desserts!
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  34. That's just perfect, Gloria! A way to indulge my sweet tooth without having too many leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth I love we can find apples around the year!

      Delete
  35. What a nice idea , looks so delicious Gloria ! Have a great week, un abbraccio !

    ReplyDelete
  36. So delightful. But are mugs safe in the oven at that temperature? I guess they are as yours came out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can find mugs like these when are good for microwaves you can use at oven
      The best are of clay or ceramic these are ceramic cup Suzy.
      xo

      Delete
    2. Perfect. And I don't have to share! :-)

      Delete
  37. terrific idea! and no cutting needed ! i wish i can have a mug that can goes into the oven :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. But... but.... you did say VANILLA, right? Don't you remember my story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nop Grumpy I dont remember!
      Can you help me please???

      Delete
    2. I don'think you want me to tell you that story again...
      Click HERE if you really want to know, my dear.

      Delete
  39. Love the apple pie with the ice cream on top!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Apple Mug Pie ~ I'm a bit late but it looks so appetizing - yum
    Cheers ~ Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love apple pie. I made one yesterday.

    YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  42. E' un'idea bellissima!!! Molto molto simpatica!!
    Bacioni Gloria!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted