28 July 2014

pomegranate and yogurt Ice Cream (Helado de yogurt y granadas)








Sometimes a post is something special, do not know why, maybe the love with  we do, the mood, I do not, but when I take the photos that will be something special and I always hope I can show  this
Of course I speak from what is a blog of recipes, but each recipe is just like choosing a dress, a perfume that is the best and you want look beautiful  and this about a recipe  and  is not always given. It's something about the beauty and love ...
Only I say.....

This delicious pomegranate  Ice Cream is a recipe from Cafe Fernando a charming and beauty blog indeed!



Ingredients


2 cups or pomegranate juice (fresh or like syrup)
1 1/2 cups plain whole greek yogurt
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoon lemon juice

Method

Stir pomegranate juice and sugar over moderate heat until the sugar dissolves.
Add lemon juice and let cool to room temperature.
In a bowl combine yogurt, pomegranate juice or syrup and whisk until completely combined.
If you have an Ice cream machine make according to the instructions.
If you don't have one put the ice cream mix in a stainless steel 
in the freezer.
After about forty minutes open the door and if yo noticed as it start to freeze near the edges, stir with a spatula.Return to freezer.
After 30 minutes stir again and freeze.
Let the Ice cream at least by 1 1/2  hour before serve or when the ice cream look frozen.








print friendly


En Español

Helado de yogurt y granadas











Me quedaban unas granadas en el refrigerador y decidí usarlas para esta receta que había visto en Cafe Fernando que me encantaba.
Yo hice un jarabe con el jugo de las granadas pero tambien he visto que hay unos jarabes o jugos de granadas que tambien se podrian usar.
Eso si el jugo de la granada es más concentrado.

Ingredientes
2 tazas de jugo de granada (las exprimí como
naranjas y las pasé por un colador)
o 2 tazas de jarabe de granadas como granadina)
3/4 taza de azucar 
2 cucharaditas de jugo de limón

Preparación
En una ollita colocar el jugo de granadas o jarabe y agregar el azucar( si se ocupa un jugo dulce disminuir el azúcar)
Calentar a fuego medio y dejar hervir un rato hasta que disminuya un poco.
Retirar agregar el jugo de limón y dejar enfriar.
En un bol mezclar el yogurt, agregar el jugo o jarabe de granada y mezclar bien.
Si se tiene máquina de hacer helados seguir las instrucciones del fabricante.
Y si no hacer lo siguiente.
Colocar la mezcla en un recipiente metálico y llevar al congelador por unos 40 minutos.
Retirar y ver si se estan congelando las orillas revolver bien la mezcla y volver a congelar.
Despues de 30 minutos volver a revolver y congelar de nuevo.
Dejar en el congelador alrededor de 1 hora y 1/2. 
Si está listo ya estará congelado, retirar un poco antes y servir.




93 comments:

  1. Hi Gloria!
    The way you describe making the ice cream, it just seems so simply. Why I haven't tried it yet, I don't know but, someday I will, lol...I plan on making fresh yogurt again this week. Who knows, maybe I'll try it this week!

    Thank you so much for sharing, Gloria...It looks refrshing and lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise!
      Is really easy to make.
      I love make ice cream with yogurt is really light and yummy!
      xo

      Delete
  2. Oh Gloria…this looks heavenly!! The pomegranate flavor sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a glorious color!
    I love poms Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dairy is still scary, I'll make the tea lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know that.
      I'll be happy you make the tea I need a cup of tea now:)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. You always make wonderful food.

      Delete
    2. Aw Ivy you cook amazing! I love when yo make buns or breads!

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Gloria.

      I have a question about this recipe. Will it work if I use homemade pomegranate juice? Or do I need to boil the juice down to make it a sryup, first?

      Thanks and boogie boogie.

      Delete
  6. That looks just what I want right now - yum
    Cheers ~ Eddie ?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. or even Eddie :) .no ? . . no question your recipes are the greatest :)

      Delete
    2. I don't know Eddie.If you read my post I say I make wit love my post a really important ingredient when I cook:)

      Delete
  7. Hi Gloria,

    This looks so refreshing to eat! Nice!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmm....pom....have really enjoyed discovering pom in the last couple years...
    i know this would taste very nicely...and be a break from the heat...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian ! I begun to cook and bake with pomegranates about two years ago Im really new in this:)

      Delete
  9. love the pink colour, and it looks healthy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha un colore bellissimo e immagino anche il gusto!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well... looks yummy yours as looks yummy cafe fernando's pomegranate sirup! Very good "recipe friendship"! :)
    Never tasted pomegranate ice cream, but I think it's the right time to try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is a wonderful colour isn't it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adoro il gelato allo yogurt! I always choose it whenever I find it. But this is really interesting with pomegranate. Delicious and summery :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for ice cream! This looks so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gloria, My better half would just love this ice cream. She loves yogurt and the addition of pomegranates would enhance the experience. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  16. Je n'ai jamais goûté de glace à la grenade. Ça doit être délicieux.
    Je note.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks very unique and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The color alone would make this irresistible! But, I love the flavor of pomegranates too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lisa Im agree is not only the color I love poms too:)

      Delete
  19. Hi Gloria,
    Your ice cream looks really, really delicious!
    Wish I could have some right now!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ça doit être délicieux j'adore
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brava Gloria, ha un colore fantastico ed è certamente golosissimo!!!
    bacioni, buona serata...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Que rico helado Gloria! tiene un color precioso...me apunto la receta. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a lovely colour, thanks for sharing Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Gloria....
    Love your header...and guess what? It is my turn to make the tea!
    Come on over, and bring that deliciousness with you!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Deceptively easy Gloria. I bet the flavour is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes is true is easy and delicious Stuart:)

      Delete
  26. I love the recipes from Cafe Fernando as well. This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love his blog too always has special and beauty recipes and are perfect Maureen

      Delete
  27. Another gorgeous frozen treat!!! You're so nice to share dishes like this when it's winter at your house :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy!
      Really I love frozen desserts:)

      Delete
  28. I love your introduction, Gloria. Very special. And I know you take special care to choose your recipes and photos. This looks so beautiful and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks dear.This was a really special post and recipe.
      Sometimes happens.Like magic.
      Thanks Suzy
      xo

      Delete
    2. Oh, I love it when magic happens! xox

      Delete
  29. fantastica idea quella di fare il gelato! Un abbraccio SILVIA

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the charming purple colour! it must be very delicious too, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie I really love the color!
      Poms are something special:)

      Delete
  31. It looks delicious but I can't eat it right now. I have this terrible tooth ache :(((

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ciao Gloria :) Davvero invitantissimo il tuo gelato, ne vorrei tanto un po' adesso dopo cena! Complimenti e un abbraccio! :) :**

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a beautiful colour! I bet it is delicious!
    CIao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  34. You make me want to buy an icecream machine just to try that pomegranate frozen yogurt. Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes but this you can make by hand too Sarah:)

      Delete
  35. Oh, mouthwatering! Pomegranates taste so fine.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  36. this looks delicious and refreshing! I love the red colours.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am sure it taste amazing. Pomegranate is such a great flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love pomegranate juice so I know I would love this delicious flavor, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks Susan, I love too pomegranate juice !

    ReplyDelete
  40. Yum! I love simple ice creams like this one. Great pictures, the love does come through.

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a beautiful presentation and quite delicious pom ice cream, Gloria! I love the easy recipe. I need to try this...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted