25 July 2014

Lemon Cornmeal cake with crushed berries sauce(Cake de limon y polenta con salsa de berries)



Some of you know me well ! I can't resist a berries cake so when I saw this recipe in Bon Appetit   I think: I have to make this:)

Source: Bon Appetit/2009

Im sharing this with Joyce to Cooking your books!





Ingredients

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
3/4 sugar
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk or greek yogurt
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsalted butter melted cooled
Crushed berry sauced
(see recipe)

Method
Preheat oven to 180°c.(350 F).
Butter a bundt cake pan or other pan .
In a bowl combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder
and salt in large bowl. Whisk to blend .
Whisk buttermilk, eggs, lemon peel and vanilla in other bowl.
Pour buttermilk mixture and melted butter into flour mixture.
Using rubben spatula, gently fold liquids into flour mixture until just blended. Scrape batter into pan, spread evenly.
Bake the cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean.
About 30 minutes.
Run knife around sides of cake.Place a rack atop cake in pan.
Using oven mitts hold pan and invert cake onto rack.
Remove cake from pan.
Cool completely and serve with crushed berries sauce.

Crushed berries sauce

2 cups fresh berries or frozen.
(strawberries,raspberries or blackberries)
2/3 cup golden brown sugar
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
1 tablespoon of cornstach
2 tablespoons of cold water

Combine 1 1/2 cups berries and all remaining ingredients in
medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to simmer, about 7 minutes.
reduce heat to medium low and simmer until berries are very soft and liquid is syrupy, stirring often about 4 minutes.
Remove from heat and add remaining berries. Using  back of spoon gently press some berries against side of pan until lightly crushed.







Print Friendly and PDF
En español

Cake de limon y polenta con salsa de berries











Este cake es una maravilla y es muy sencillo. Se puede hacer la noche anterior y al otro día preparar la salsa de berries.
Se puede servir al té o como postre.

Está adaptado de una receta de Bon Appetit

Ingredientes

1 1/2 taza de harina sin polvos de hornear
1/3 taza de polenta o sémola
3/4 taza de azúcar
3 1/2 cucharaditas de polvos de hornear
1/2 cucharadita de sal
1 taza de yogurt griego
2 huevos grandes
1 cucharada de cáscara de limon rallado
1 cucharadita extracto de vainilla
1/2 taza de mantequilla derretida y enfriada
 salsa de berries para acompañar (receta más abajo)

Preparación

Precalentar el horno a 180°.

82 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh, that looks scrumptious! One slice please, with extra raspberry sauce and a cup of tea! ha.

      Delete
    2. ok betsy One slice for you!! yes with tea sounds delicious!!

      Delete
  2. They don't call you the Queen of Berries for nothing Gloria! Scrumptious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could eat some of that right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful and delicious cake:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, I definitely noticed you like berries! But so do I. And this looks really really delicious. Especially with the berries :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw thanks Joyti you alwsys are sweet:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gloria, the cake looks so very beautiful and delicious with berry sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that looks so good, wish I could have a slice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks really good Gloria ~ Hey, save me a slice too, smiles ~ Happy weekend ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course Grace! Always I have a cup of tea or coffe for my friends:)
      xo

      Delete
  10. This cake looks simply beautiful and wonderfully luscious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! I think maybe is by the berries:))

      Delete
  11. looks really delicious Gloria ! Have a nice day, un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gloria, That is very nice looking and appetizing cake! Love the fruit...today we bought fresh strawberries, raspberries, peaches and cantaloupe...to go with the fresh blueberries I already had. This is our time of the year for fresh local produce... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David.Aww I know you are in this lovely summer time of lovely fruit you have to enjoy is a pleaste eat lovely fresh fruits!
      I have to wait for our summer !:)

      Delete
  13. What a beautiful Bundt cake, Gloria! Love the berry and lemon combination!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cake looks amazing. I am with you Gloria, I love berries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn Im happy you like berries too!♡

      Delete
  15. i am sure the berries sauce complements the cake very well..looks great, gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morbida , colorata, una vera bontà golosa ^_____-
    Buona domenica e a presto!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the texture of your cake and the berries look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks wonderful, Gloria. I do love cakes with cornmeal...such a nice texture.

    ReplyDelete
  19. If there is one thing that I find impossible to resist than it's a cake made with
    fresh berry sauce and yours looks amazing, Gloria!
    Another thing that is new to me is to make a cake with corn meal - it's a must try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daniela, I love cornmeal in cakes is something special, Im sure you would love it!!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  20. I have never made a cake with corn meal but I'm sure the texture is wonderful! It's beautiful topped with the berries too :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Gloria!!! I think that this is your most delicious sounding dessert ever!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful cake! It looks like something that I would love eating :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! Yes I think you would love this:)

      Delete
  23. It looks like a delicious summer dessert. Thank you for sharing the recipe and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can see why you made that cake after seeing the recipe. I would too and I'm going to make it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Maureen I hope you make and enjoy too:)

      Delete
  25. an irresistible temptation bye SILVIA

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have not baked a cake for a while and i so wish i had this right now.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anch'io non resisto davanti ai frutti di bosco, ma non resisto nemmeno davanti a questo ciambellone :)
    Fantastico!!!!!
    Un bacio e buon inizio di settimana

    ReplyDelete
  28. ha. my mouth is watering....smiles...
    moist cake and berries....delicious...

    hey, i am back. smiles. thanks for the recipes
    will see what we can do with the grape this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Brian thanks so much! Really this cake is moist.
      I have to send you other recipe but I have to translate.
      I missed you my friend.

      Delete
  29. I know that I would enjoy your lemon cornmeal cake with the berries…it is perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love berries too, Gloria...and this sounds absolutely delicious!
    Thank you so much for sharing...:)

    Big Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh that fruit sauce looks so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love it. I am getting my first bunt pan soon. Super excited to
    play with it and bake yummy treats, like you do.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Gloria,
    Such a lovely cake, with delicious berry sauce!
    You are the queen of berries! :)
    Thanks for sharing with CYB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce Im happy to sharing with CYB:)

      Delete
  34. Que sabroso Gloria!! una verdadera delicia. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful sweetness of the berries with the tartness of lemons. Ymummy!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oops - yummy. See, it was so delicious I couldn't spell!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted