11 July 2014

Chocolate bundt cakes with ganache & raspberry coulis






Originally this recipe goes (adapted from a one of Anna Olson
 a Canadian chef   ) alone with the chocolate glaze. 

But I  always loved the combination of chocolate with some cave (oranges and chocolate - chocolate or passion fruit and berries with chocolate) always find that gives a touch of chocolate.

 But like everything in life there are different tastes ..... 


Source: Anna Olson


Ingredients
(6 servings)

120 unsalted butter
slightly cooler than room temperature
200 g sugar
2 large eggs (room temperature)
100 g. sour cream
(or greek yogurt)
2 teaspoon vanilla essence
180 plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
80 g dark chocolate melted and cooled
2 tsp cocoa powder sifted

for ganache glaze
115 g dark chocolate chopped
60 ml whipping cream

 Bundt cakes

Preheat oven to 180°c.
Grease and flour mini bundt pan (6 to 8)
tapping out any excess flour.
Beat the butter and sugar using electric beaters  until fluffy.
In a separate bowl lightly whisk eggs with a fork and add them a little at a time while mixing on medium speed.
Stir the sour cream and vanilla together and beat in.
In a separate bowl sift the flour baking powder and salt.

Add this to the batter
while beating on low speed until fully incorporated.
Stir the melted chocolate and the cocoa powder into this and stir until blended.
Spoon the batter ineach mini bundt cake . Bake the cakes about 20 minutes until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean .
Cool the cakes for 30 minutes than turn the cakes out to cool completely before glazing.
For the glaze place the chocolate and cream in a metal bowl resting over a pot of barely simmering water and stirring gently melted.
Dunk the top of the cakes into the glaze and place them back on a tray to set.
You can serves the cakes in a plate with raspberry coulis.
The cakes will keep refrigerated for up to 2 days.

raspberry coulis

2  cups fresh or frozen raspberry

1/2 cup sugar

Method
Place raspberries ans sugar into a large non stick frying pan . Stir to combine.Heat and stirring
ofte over medium heat until bubbling.
Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until berries are very tender. Using a wooden spoon crush some raspberries until pureed.
Remove from heat and set aside to cool.







EN ESPAÑOL
Cakes de chocolate con coulis de frambuesas











La receta original que es de Anna Olson (una chef canadiense) 
era sólo con el ganache de chocolate.
Pero me gustan los postres de chocolate que llevan alguna fruta (chocolate/naranja o Chocolate / berries o chocolate ymaracuyá) así que se pueden hacer las dos opciones.
Yo preparé un coulis de frambuesas que se puede hacer con frambuesas congeladas (todo el año en supermercados) o con frambuesas naturales.

Ingredientes

120 gramos de mantequilla(suavizada a
temperatura ambiente)
200 gramos de azúcar
2 huevos grandes a temperatura ambiente
100 gramos de sour cream o yogurt griego
2 cucharaditas extracto de vainilla
180 gramos de harina sin polvos de hornear
1 cucharadita de polvos de hornear
1/2 cucharadita de sal
80 gramos de chocolate en barra derretido 
y enfriado
2 cucharaditas de chocolate en polvo

Para el ganache
155 gramos de chocolate bitter en trozos
60 ml de crema espesa o para batir

Coulis de frambuesas

2 tazas de frambuesas congeladas o frescas
1/2 taza de azúcar

Preparación cakes


99 comments:

  1. Gloria, this looks yummy. The raspberries look like they go perfect with this lovely cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gloria!
    Our tastes are quite alike. I love Raspberries and Chocolate! Your little bundts look adorably delicious! Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Louise raspberries and chocolates are really great!! thanks dear!

      Delete
  3. mmm chocolate and raspberry...
    sounds like just the thing for dessert tonight...smiles...
    cute little bundts....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian You come just in time today:))

      Delete
  4. Berries for me, chocolate will kill me lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh! so the chocolate would kill you?
      Ok chocolate for Betsy and Brian :)

      Delete
  5. They look wonderful. Really nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love yr presentation.. So tempting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ciao Gloria, these look super yummy! How are you? It is so cold here, brrrrr!

    Ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alessandra here is really cold too!!
      Un abbraccio:)

      Delete
  8. Gloria, Your version of this dessert looks good to me... Can't go wrong with chocolate and berries! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Gloria, that looks SO good! My mouth is watering, and now I must have some chocolate!!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh yummy, great idea to dress it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my God, Gloria... these little boundt cakes look delicious! Your ideas are always a great "eureka"... love the combination of colours and tastes! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. These mini chocolate bundt cakes look so wonderfully delicious with raspberries.
    Good work, Gloria.
    Have a lovely weekend!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love to watch Anna Olson's baking programmes on tv! This recipe of hers must be nice! Love the chocolate and you for trusting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Anna Olson toonJeannie but now I can't see here.I dint know why!

      Delete
  14. Gloria te han quedado espectaculares, que bocado más rico y tentador.

    Besossss

    ReplyDelete
  15. sono goduriosi questi tortini, la coppia lamponi e cioccolato non delude mai. golosi e di effetto
    un bacione cara, buon fine settimana

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love ganache, but with white chocolate :) I sometimes use a part of ganache for one layer of a cake, and then whip the rest of it into whipped cream and use it for another layer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dezzy I love white chocolate too!In this recipe I wad thinking in white chocolate first but finally I used dark chocolate!

      Delete
  17. I love Anna's recipes..and these look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love her too Monique! Times ago I always see her tv show but now many times I dont see here I love she and Jamie Oliver!

      Delete
  18. Buonissimi e golosissimi!!
    A presto!!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  19. As always, your offering looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply beautiful!! Wish I could dive into one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gosh Gloria that looks so good!! ~ Eddie :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bravissima Gloria, questi dessert sono una vera delizia!!!
    Bacioni, buona domenica...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bravissima Gloria, devono essere deliziosi :)
    Amo i lamponi con il cioccolato.
    Un bacio e buona domenica!

    ReplyDelete
  24. un dessert bien gourmand et délicieux
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my dear God! This is heaven. Pure heaven!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This s totally my kind of desserts.
    I'm a confessed chocoholic and raspberries are my favorite summer fruits.
    To ave these two combined in one dessert is a dream came true :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daniela!
      Yes the chocolate and raspberries are lovely together!

      Delete
  27. What a mouthwatering dessert!Looks scrumptious!
    hUGS,DEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yummy and wonderful combo- chocolate and raspberry....... :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I could eat this every day... Love your raspberry recipes!

    ela h.
    Gray Apron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ela.yes chocolate and raspberry are so good!

      Delete
  30. I would love one of these right now!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Food of the Gods!!!
    Oh wow...I could eat these every day for the rest of my life...they are SO delicious...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Gloria,
    Delicious looking bundt cakes!
    I like watching Anna Olson's cooking shows!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think I've made this Anna Olson recipe - I love Anna! These look great

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm a fan of Anna Olson's recipes. This one looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  35. veramente golosi Gloria, non potrei resistere e uno lo mangerei volentieri, buona settimana !

    ReplyDelete
  36. wow how cool are these and love the raspberry sauce

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your cakes are so pretty! :) They look a bit like donuts from the top haha, but I bet they taste so much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ithink the same when I saw the picture where they are only with chocolate:)
      Yes I think these bundt cakes are better than donuts!

      Delete
  38. Bellissimi, golosi e irresistibili! Ne vorrei tanto uno! :D Complimenti Gloria, un abbraccio! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  39. Adorabile cioccolato e lamponi!!! Bravissima

    ReplyDelete
  40. These look wonderful. I think they'd like to visit my house so I'll make some this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maureen!
      I would be happy you make this to your visits:)

      Delete
  41. Yum! Those doughnuts look incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  42. A treat for real chocoholics!! My God you are spoiling your family with treats like these :-) love your recipe Gloria!
    I am just about to bake a chocolate cake.. we love chocolate here :-)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Alida yes maybe you have reason I spoiled them sometimes:)
      But maybe the moms make that!
      xo

      Delete
  43. Definitely calling my name. Chocolate, cake and raspberries. Such a delightful dessert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda yes chocolate and raspberries are amazing:)

      Delete
  44. complimenti, mi piace molto la tua ricetta!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love Anna Olson...she has had several cooking shows here in Canada...
    She is an excellent baker!
    But...Gloria....these look unbelievably good...I could just lick the chocolate off the pan! hahaha!
    Enjoy your week...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Linda yes I love Anna Olson the first show of her I knew was Sugar and then she had Fresh a lovely show with recipes and she cooking in her home.
      Sadly now I can´t see now I dont have idea. The cable is really curious. But I have a lot of recipes of Anna printed!
      xo

      Delete
    2. She is not on here anymore either...
      Perhaps she is filming some new shows

      Delete
    3. Really? What sad! I love her recipes and have many of them.
      I missed her shows and Jamie too!

      Delete
  46. Beautiful cakes...I love these mini bundt cakes, and yes, chocolate with raspberries is one of my favorite combination.
    Have a great week Gloria :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juliana! I love mini bundt cakes too!

      Delete
  47. Such gorgeous mini-Bundts! They would please the gang at my house! The chocolate glaze and coulis make such an elegant presentation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy Yes I love the raspberry coulis is so good with the chocolate!
      xo

      Delete
  48. Chocolate and raspberries! A wonderful combination and beautiful dessert, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  49. wow these look delicious.. chocolate and raspberries, how can you go wrong! thanks for sharing a great recipe gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Deliciosos Gloria!! con el coulis de frambuesas espectacular!! Besos

    ReplyDelete
  51. meravigliosi, golosi irresistibili!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted