10 April 2014

Apple galette (tarta galette de manzanas)









This year the only tree I had some fruits was my Apple tree, no peaches,no apricots, no quinces !

But this Granny Smith Apple tree all years give me apples!
So I saved some ones to makes some apples pies (my favorite)







and look like is arrived here but still the days are warm and so cold at night, so here 
some shots to Betsy who lovesAtumn like me lol
(visit Betsy has a lovely blog an beauty shots)














and still we have some roses....



The recette
(source: Williams Sonoma)


A galette is a rustic, free-form tart that is cooked on a baking sheet rather than in a tart pan. It can be prepared with a variety of seasonal fruits.

Ingredients:

Dough
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tablespoon of sugar
3/4  cup cold unsalted butter cut
into pieces
1/3 to 1/2 cup ice water

Filling
7 to 8 apples Granny Smith
or Jonagold or other
peeled, cored and cut in slices
1/2 cup of sugar
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teasppon grated nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
1 egg lightly beaten
Sugar for sprinkling
1/4 cup apricot jam
vanilla ice cream or lightly whipped cream
for serving

method
To make the dough, put the flour, salt and sugar in a bowl. Put the butter in another bowl and place both bowls in the freezer for 10 minutes.

Transfer the flour mixture to a food processor and pulse about 5 times to blend. Add the butter and pulse 15 to 20 times, until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 1/3 cup of the water and pulse twice. Squeeze the dough with your fingers; it should hold together but should not be sticky. If it is crumbly, add more water 1 Tbs. at a time, pulsing twice after each addition.

Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, gather into a ball and flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Place a baking sheet on the bottom rack of an oven. Position another rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 180°or 400 F. Line a second baking sheet with a Silpat nonstick liner and spray with nonstick cooking spray.

To make the filling, in a large bowl, stir together the apples, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cornstarch. Set aside.

Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let stand for 5 minutes. Place the dough between 2 sheets of lightly floured waxed paper and roll out into a 12-inch round. Brush off the excess flour. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Arrange the apple filling in the center of the dough, mounding the fruit slightly and leaving a 2-inch border. Gently fold the edges of the dough over the apples, pleating loosely. Brush the dough with the beaten egg. Lightly sprinkle sugar over the apples.

Bake until the crust is golden and the apples are tender, about 1 hour. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let the galette cool completely.

Just before serving, in a small saucepan over medium heat, warm the jam. Brush the apples with the jam and let cool. Cut the galette into 8 slices and accompany each slice with a dollop of Vanilla Ice cream or whipped cream.
print recipe here

 

En español
Galette de manzanas











Este año tuve poca fruta o casi nada por el problema de las heladas y además las plagas de loros que se comen todo. Terrible.
Nada de almendras, ni damascos ni peras ni membrillos.
Lo único que no falla es mi árbol de manzanas verdes.
Asi que he podido rescatar algunas para hacer algunas recetas.
Y una de ellas fue esta Tarta galette de manzanas.
También unas fotos de mis liquidámbar en que se ve ya que llega el otoño.
En el dia aún es caluroso pero en las noches está muy helado.


Ingredientes






100 comments:

  1. That's a mighty looking rustic galette! Filled with all these apples...love it! :) ela@GrayApron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ela and yes I put a lot of apples :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks Betsy! did you see the liquidamabars ! I taked todays these pictures for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Una fantastica delizia!!!! Bravissima!!! Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely pie and pretty fall / autumn colors

    ReplyDelete
  5. una meravigliosa delizia!! baciiiiiiiii

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy, good that you like autumn, it is there for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ciao Gloria, we have apple here too now, getting into Autumn! Your galette loos really delicious, I love all apple pies and tarts and cakes!

    Ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ciao Alessandra, nice you have apples, this is my only one this year, I love Apple pies too!

      Delete
  8. Good Evening Gloria, I have fruit trees in my garden, they are young and I am looking forward to when they begin to fruit. Do you know, I have never eaten a quince, in fact I don't think I even know what it looks like.... but I know what an apple looks like and your apple galette looks so lovely. I have some Granny Smith's in my fruit bowl, so I am going to make an apple galette. Thank you for the recipe.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good evening Daphne, nice to see yhis year!ou, the quinces are delicious, especially quince jam, but I dont have any this year.
      Hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  9. It's is always so amazing to me that some of our world is entering fall and winter as the rest of us are into spring and then summer! I am so jealous of your beautiful apple tree and apple galette is the perfect dessert for fall - or any time of year! Yours looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Is funny to think we are in fall and you are in spring.
      ANyway I think Easter is beautiful in spring!
      I love apples tarts I think are my favorites Susan, thanks.!xo

      Delete
  10. The leaves on your trees are gorgeous and so is your galette.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam what nice are you! I love these tres:)
      xo

      Delete
  11. Looks really, really, really, really scrumptious!
    I want some!!!!
    Do you think I am clever enough to follow the recipe without setting the kitchen on fire!
    We have Granny Smith Apples here and in our family we have someone called Granny Smith lol
    Love the photos too and I notice you have a swimming pool. Olay!
    Hugs ~ Eddie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also Gloria I like the header to your blog

      Delete
    2. Thanks Eddie, of course you can bake, the galette is really easy and delicious!
      yes Granny Smith sounds me like a old Lady but make delicious tarts:)
      Yes we have a pool here the summer is really hot, and we love swim. But now the pool is really cold!his
      yes Always Im changing the header but I will let this some days more!
      Thanks Eddie!

      Delete
    3. I'll give it a go - let's hope I don't murder it!
      A bit Chile in the pool! LOL


      Delete
    4. Have you missed me?
      ROFL

      Delete
  12. This one is new to me...thanx for sharing this goodie..........looks so lovely and delicious.....Will try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh! That's a very short sentence for Betsy!! lol
    But very accurate!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The galette looks delicious..it is a shame about your other fruit bearing trees..but you have made the most of your apples!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Merci Monique, this year the most I missed was apricots!
    I love to make jam:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am galloping gallantly to your galette! Looks soooooooo tasty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have your own Granny Smith Apple tree.... Is that a fact? I just have an apple :(
    I looks delicious and I'm sure that, unlike The Cat, I'd eat it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grumpy! You are teasing me again!
      Have a lot of apples bu only here is one lol

      Delete
    2. You know I love teasing my friend Gloria Dear. :)

      Delete
    3. Yes I know! Anyway I love my little green apples..

      Delete
    4. I love red apples even more. Especially when they're sweet like me. :)

      Delete
    5. Haha! I know you are teasing me.listen :the best for bake are green apples
      To eat natural the best for me is fuji apple or gala I can eat apple all day.
      S o you are soooo sweet lol

      Delete
    6. I love teasing you. But I only tease people that I like. :)

      Delete
  18. I was on my out to the auction! haha.

    yes, I love fall! I wish it were turning fall here and we could skip spring and summer! haha. Beautiful trees and your rose is perfect! Thanks, dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks very yummy ~ I am enjoying your pictures too ~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Apples i used to like to eat at least

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah at east you eat apples! Lol

      Delete
    2. I have never seen a cat eat an apple. Have you, Gloria Dear?

      Delete
  21. warm home harvested apple galette+cold ice cream = best best ever dessert and tastes out of the world,thanks so much for the inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your apple galette looks yummy. I am happy that you at least got some apples this year. It funny to hear you write about fall when we are starting spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn yes I know is funny but the world is crazy
      You in spring and we are in fall!

      Delete
  23. Gloria, Nothing like warm (or even cold) apple galette with a couple nice scoops of vanilla ice cream on the side. Yum! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes I love mine with ice cream!;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Gloria,
    Your own apple tree, how lovely!
    This galette looks so delicious, I love the golden colour of the pastry, and of course your own homegrown sweet apples! And lovely rose!

    ReplyDelete
  26. me encanta la tarta de manzana... me copiaré la receta...

    Buen fin de semana


    Azmara

    ReplyDelete
  27. This looks like something I could make. Maybe. I'm still better off buying baked goods. You keep your fall, I'll enjoy the spring! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yes I love spring but not summer lol

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love galettes and I love Granny Smiths even more! This is perfect! I'm so jealous that you have your own granny smith tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Gloria, wow... this is exceptionally good and inviting. Apple,cinnamon ,nutmeg are best pairing. Great to go with coffee, any more left? :))

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Deve essere buonissima!! Un bacione

    ReplyDelete
  32. This looks beautiful and I love the pictures of your garden too. I really like to read the names of your recipes in both languages and try and decide which one sounds more exotic - not unusually the English one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your tarte looks so yummy!
    It's my first time here and I really like your blog.
    Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks Chantal you are welcome to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Dear Gloria, One of my very favorite desserts. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  36. Adoro i dolci rustici e con le mele, il tuo deve essere delizioso! Bravissima come sempre, un abbraccio e felice domenica! :) :**

    ReplyDelete
  37. Grazie Cara Vale adoro le mele, have a nice weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I just adore apple pie/galette with vanilla ice cream - perfect dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I suscribed to your nice blog Gloria.
    Have a nice week end
    Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  40. une galette aux pommes un pur régal brava
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  41. nice...we usually go apple picking once a year....fresh apples are the best...i be this is grand as well...would love to have some now with a dollop of ice cream....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian! usually I picking the apples when Im in the yard.
      I love Green apples are so good for tarts:)

      Delete
  42. The best thing about fall is apple desserts! Your galette looks so caramelly and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Im agree I love in autumn apples and pears, have a nice wwekend Lizzy!
      xo

      Delete
  43. You are so lucky to have your own apple trees - it must be great to be able to bake pie using your own apples! Your galette looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks T.W. yes I love green apples to bake, crumbles,desserts and pies
      Thanks a lot!

      Delete
  44. That looks yummy, Gloria! We used to have a yard of apple trees when I lived in Michigan. I miss those fall smells...cider, donuts, the aroma of baking pies. I love galettes.....the rustic look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara .My mom say michigan is absolutely beautiful!

      Delete
  45. Apples are one of the great joys of autumn, aren't they--and your galette is lovely! I don't think there is much quite as exciting as harvesting your own fruit. I wish I had planted more ages ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think apples are amazing you csn use in a lot of bakes.
      Here was hubby who plant the frutal trees and was amazing!

      Delete
  46. How lucky to have your own apples and what a lovely tart to use them in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im thanksful for it because I love all these pies or treats with apples!!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  47. Querida Gloria,
    Aunque sé está lejos de tu casa, el incendio y tragedia en Valparaiso me conmueve. Todas las noticias procedentes de Chile me son siempre muy cercanas. Espero no haya más muertes y que la paz esté con ellos. Un fuerte abrazo
    Curri

    ReplyDelete
  48. How lovely to make a pie using your very own apples! I used to make galettes all the time with fruit, so simple yet delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love all the sweets that contengon apples, I like it so much! Smack SILVIA

    ReplyDelete
  50. Beautiful and mouthwatering!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  51. How wonderful for you having such a grand tree in your yard. Your galette is beautiful and I bet your kitchen smelled quite lovely while baking!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Apples, apples, apples. I just love those. So yummy.

    Happy Autumn :-)

    ReplyDelete
  53. Oh my gosh! That looks mouth watering good!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  54. Deliciosa Galette!! me encantan este tipo de manzanas. Besos

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted