14 February 2013

Ginger peach pie











This ginger peach  Pie is our dessert today.
We have a peach tree but this year they came out very small and I think  they needed more water.
(We have had many problems with water to irrigate this summer)

But they are so good today and I picked a few peaches to make this pie.

And you can make with peaches jar too.
The dough of this Pie is delicious and  reminds me delicious apples pies.

 
This recipe is adapted from Saveur






Ingredients

For the crust
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
6 tablespoon chilled butter, cut into pieces
2 tablespoon chilled vegetable shortening
| egg
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

For the filling

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoon fresh ginger or ginger powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch or tapioca
fresh peaches or 1 peaches jar
1 egg to wash

Method

For crust
Sift flour and salt into a medium bowl. Rub butter and shortening into flour mixture with your fingers until it resembles coarse crumbs.
Whisk an egg and lemon juice together in a small bowl, then sprinkle into flour mixture with 2 or 3 tablespoon of ice water.
Mix until dough just begings to hold togetherc.
Wrap and refrigerate about 1 to 2  hours.

For  the filling
Combine lemon juice, ginger,cinnamon,2/3 cup of  the sugar and cornstarch or tapioca in a large bowl,
If use fresh peaches blanch peaches in a pot of boiling water for 15 seconds, then cold in a bowl of cold water. Cut in slices and toss in lemon juice mixture.
If  use peachs tin cut in slices and toss in lemon mixture.
Preheat oven to 180° Divide dough in half.Roll in two circles on a floured surface.
Line the pie pan with one circle. add peach filling.
Drape remaining circle in top. crimp edges, and slash top.
Brush with egg and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
Bake until golden about 45 minutes. Serve warm or cold with vanilla Ice cream.




Print recipe



EN ESPAÑOL

Pie de duraznos









Me encantan los duraznos y tenía ganas de hacer un pie, el único problema es que los duraznos de nuestro arbol estan muy pequeños (les faltó agua creo)

Pero hoy día fue a sacar algunos porque igual se empiezan a caer del arbol.,
La cosa es que hice este pie de duraznos (que tambien se puede hacer con duraznos en tarro) y que quedó delicioso
me recuerda a los exquisitos pies de manzana, pero con duraznos.

Ingredientes

masa

2 tazas de harina
1/2 cucharadita de sal
6 cucharadas de mantequilla fria cortada en trozos
2 cucharadas de manteca vegetal
1 huevo (mediano)
1 cucharada de jugo de limón
agua fria para unir (2 o tres cucharadas)

relleno
1 cucharada de jugo de limón
2 cucharaditas de jengibre rallado o jengibre molido
1 cucharadita decanela en polvo
2/3 taza de azucar granulada
1/4 taza de maizena  (o tapioca)
duraznos frescos (unos 6 picados en trozos)
o 1 tarro de duraznos en conserva
1 huevo para el brillo

Preparación

Para la masa:
cernir la harina y sal en un bol mediano. Agregar la mantequilla en trozos y la manteca con los dedos formando como migas.
Batir el huevo y el jugo d elimon en un bol pequeño. entonces agregar a la masa que se está haciendo, agregar 2 o 3 cucharadas de agua helada para formar una bola de masa.
(si se necesita agregar un poco de harina)
Envolver en un film plástico y refrigerar por lo menos dos horas.
(No hay porblema si se queda mas rato yo no la pude hacer en el momento quedó toda la noche y la hice al otro dia, solo se debe espolvorear con un poco de harina para estirarla con el rodillo)
Para el relleno
Unir jugo de limon, jrngibre, canela, azúcar y la maizena en un bol. Colocar unos  15 se gundos los duraznos en trozos para blanquearlos. despues dejarlos enfriar.
Unir con el jugo de limon ya preparado. Reservar.

Precalentar el horno a 180°c
Dividir la masa en dos partes. Enmantequillar un molde para pie, y hace un circulo con una de las masas.
Rellenar con la mezcla de duraznos y estirar la otra masa con el rodillo y cubrir el pie.
Pintar con el huevo ya batido con un poco de agua y espolvorear una cucharada de azucar .
llevar a horno por unos 45 minutos o hasta que esté bien dorado.

Servir tibio o helado.
Con helado de vainilla es espectacular, más que con crema.

93 comments:

  1. Poor pat!

    I'll eat his piece! haha.

    Peach is one of my favorite pies! This one looks wonderful! Your crust looks flaky and yummy, too! Can I trade you a couple of chocolate dipped strawberries for a piece? lol....

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course you can I would be happy to try some of these strawberries!!
    I think Pat is sleeping:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Se ve fantastico. Aunque esten pequeños no sabes la envidia que me da tu árbol de duraznos, eso es algo que no se da bien acá en Houston.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pilar gracoas, estan pequeños pero sabes que son ricos porque son del tipo "conservero" yo antes no los pescaba mucho pero la verdad es que son dulces y muy ricos.

      Delete
  4. Nope was babysitting a 6 year old. But I will be sleeping soon and yeah looks good, but with my ailments, Betsy can have mine and pffft to her too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes I have to make you a pie you can eat without problems, you were babysitting?? OMY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ginger and peach pie looks delicious. Ginger would add a refreshing taste to the sweetness of peaches. Good combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mich, is true I never add ginger before to a pie but was delicious!

      Delete
  7. Fantastic. Ginger and peach together are one of my most favorite combos. I have this lovely ginger peach tea that I drink. So good.

    Your dessert looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and surely exquisite¨That flavor combo is wonderful.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Gloria, ooooh, I love peaches so will definitely be trying this recipe. I have never used butter and vegetable shortening in pastry, as I usually use butter, although when I was younger, everyone used vegetable shortening as butter was so expensive, so this is something new to try.
    Thank you for another lovely recipe.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another yummy pie, Gloria!
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elle semble extra cette tarte, j'en aurais bien pris une pointe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. falta la receta en español, jiji.
    me encantó el corte, y más con la compañía del helado!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your pie, it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks so yummy and I love ur blue dishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Que pinta mas deliciosa Gloria!! y con ese heladito tan bueno una maravilla. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  16. Babysitting indeed, of course I'm just as childish haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! It looks absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gloria, Peach is one of my favorite pies but I must admit that I've never had ginger peach pie. My wife does love ginger peach preserves... Thanks for the recipe! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  19. Una delicia Se ve muy ricooo Que pena que por falta de agua tu huerta no este en optimo estado

    ReplyDelete
  20. Que rico se ve!...el agua esta faltando en todas partes ....que pena......Abrazotes, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  21. Peach pie is my favorite! Have a great weekend : )

    ReplyDelete
  22. So creative, ginger and peach, I can almost smell the fragrance of this pie...and yes with one or two scoops of ice cream.
    I hope you enjoyed your Valentine's Day Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sacaste duraznos de la mata... que envidia. Seguro que con ellos ganó en sabor tu pastel, fruta madurada en el árbol.
    Cariños,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bueno Anabella, ya sabes duraznos recien sacados además es del tipo conservero, lo único que era pequeñitos porque les faltó agua! Espero que para el otro año esten mejor!! gracias por vemir!

      Delete
  24. Oh how I wish peaches were in season! What a great pie!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh how I wish peaches were in season! What a gorgeous pie!

    ReplyDelete
  26. oo oo oo ...me me me...smiles...fruit pies....mmmm...a dab of ice cream on the side...mmmm.....i am full having just had dinner....and i am stil wanting some....smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian I love fruits pies really and my favorite is apple pie, but I love to make of other fruits in summer!

      Delete
  27. Dear Gloria, pie looks delicious. I love peach pie and it reminds me on summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamara I love peaches too though these were so little were sweet!

      Delete
  28. Ginger and peach sounds great together ! Wish I could try a slice or three of this deliciousness :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fresh peaches are divine! Love your pie, Gloria. Ginger is a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  30. It looks so yummy I could eat it off the page! How cool to have your own tree too.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Menuda pintaza, nena! Se me hace la boca agua....mmmmmhhh que DELICIA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Mika, a mí me encantó tu tarta!! besos

      Delete
  32. It's about tea time here and I really wish I could have a slice of your cake. Your baking is always sooo inviting Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh - that CRUST. It looks perfect. And ginger and peach - it sounds so delicious. I always love your flavor combinations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyti you always are so sweet and yes I love peach and ginger are really yumm!

      Delete
  34. Replies
    1. Thanks Brian, hope you have a nice saturday too with T and the kids!

      Delete
  35. ¡¡¡Wow!!! Mi fruta favorita, melocotón y mi especia favorita el genjibre fresco ,es adictivo, como las hojas de lima keffir,¡¡MMMMMMM!! me lo llevo; solo una preguntita Qué tamaño de huevo?? S-M-L-XL, creo que es importantísimo para un resultado perfecto ó nó?. Gloria, gracias por tu generosidad y besitos




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Wendy, a veces no pongo el tamaño porque depende de los que tengo :) pero diria que es un huevo mediano no necesita ser demasiado grande porque lo MAS importante de esta masa es dejarla un Buen rato en el refrigerador, x

      Delete
  36. I haven't tried this yet Gloria ~ Thanks for the recipe ~ Looks yummy ~

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your pie looks delicious! And I am so envious of your very own peach tree!

    ReplyDelete
  38. It's such a wonderful thing to be able to harvest your own peaches whenever you want to bake a pie. Homegrown is always the best. Delicious pie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes is true but this years the peaches were so small, we need more water, :( hope the next year will be better!xo

      Delete
  39. Ginger works so well with most fruits - your tart looks lovely. I love how you say you 'picked some peaches' - what a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks dear and yes is nice say O want to go some peaches,you know when they are riped falling to the grass andthe birds loved them:)

    ReplyDelete
  41. thanks for sharing this lovely recipe Gloria, have a good week, a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Para ti durazno, para mi melocoton! :-) Para ambos, sabrosisima receta. I even liked the little ice-cream touch. Ta.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias. Pie with ice cream is amazing I always seen in apple pies but I wanna try in peach pie, was delicious:)

      Delete
  43. Peach pie? Sigh. You are really making me long for summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Beth Im sure the spring will arrive soon there!

      Delete
  44. Gloria, how lucky to have a peach tree! Your recipe with ginger is absolutely one of the best I have seen for peach pie! Looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my little peach tree LOL :)
      Thanks Judy!

      Delete
  45. Hi Gloria,

    This pie looks wonderful! The addition of ginger sounds good to me :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  46. I have some peaches I froze last summer...a peach pie sounds SO good right now! Your crust looks perfect, Gloria! You're making me so, so hungry!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I frozen apricots this summer Lizzy and is my first, I hope I made OK, oh soon you will have peaches Lizzy the time run really!!

      Delete
  47. this looks so good love the addition of the ginger :-), thanks for being a great blogging buddy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you Rebecca you know I love your blog and your kids are soo cute:))

      Delete
  48. Che voglia d'estate nel vedere le pesche. Deliziosa la tua torta, mi piace moltissimo quel tocco di zenzero. Un abbracio, buona settimana

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hello dear Gloria,
    My goodness.... this dessert sounds like it would be so good. I wish that I had some of your home grown peaches. We don't get many peaches from our orchard. It seems that the birds get them before we can.
    I hope that you and your family are doing well. Have a great week. Hugs,, Lura

    ReplyDelete
  50. oh que c'est bon et en plus avec la glace

    ReplyDelete
  51. How wonderful to pick your own peaches to make a pie! And, I love the touch of fresh ginger added!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks T,W. hope the next year the peaches would be better!are a nice type, these are to for canned!

      Delete
  52. Beautiful pie and it sounds delicious. andi

    ReplyDelete
  53. This looks phenomenal! So nice to have your own peach tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks veronica, yes but are little LOL but I made a peach pie!;)

      Delete
  54. Mmmm peaches... haven't tasted them since last summer :(

    ReplyDelete
  55. Fresh peaches from your garden baked into a pie... Delicious! I love the idea of ginger too. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted