16 January 2013

Raspberries kuchen with vanilla cream and streusel

e










I comment in others posts about kuchen cakes here in Chile and have made some recipes.

Many years ago about 1800 arrived to Chile many people from Europe especially from German and when they arrived begin tp share their recipes with  chilean  people so begin a really lovely mix of pastries and typical things of here like strawberries, and other berries.

Kuchen is the best when you want a cup of tea or coffe and when you visit the south of Chile the tea always have some kuchen .

If you want see others kuchen recipes I post see here

This year for christmas I received this lovely book "Manos del Sur" where  the Chef  Carlo Von Muhlenbrock collect wonderful and vintage recipes of the south of Chile.


( the original recipe is from Rosario Ibañez- Puerto Varas)


 
 
 
Ingredients 
 
 65 grams of butter room
temperature
 1 large egg
3/4 cup of sugar
1 1/2 tablespoon of poopy seeds
200 grams of all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of grated lemon
pinch of salt
 
 
Filling 
 
 2 tablespoon of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup of milk
1/2  cup of heavy cream
2 tablespoons of granulate sugar 
2 cups of raspberries fresh or frozen
 
Streusel
170 grams of all purpose flour
130 grams of sugar
2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
120 grams butter melted
Glass sugar to sprinkle
 
 
Method 
Preheat oven to 180° c
 
 
Make dough

In a bowl place the butter, egg, sugar and poppy seeds.
Beat until mixture is frothy.
Add the sifted flour, baking powder, lemon zest and a pinch of salt.
Continue stir to blend well.

Brush with oil or butter  the bottom of a pan tart of 30 cm in diameter.
and extend  the bottom  with this dough.
Bake at  oven no more than 10 minutes (after turns as put in the oven)
 
Filling
 
 
In a saucepan stir together flour and 1/2 cup cold water, stir well to dissolve .


Add the vanilla extract and continue stirring until have a thick cream, adding a little milk and add the cream and granulated sugar.
Bring to a boil stirring all the time, remove from heat and let stand.
Pour this mixture over the dough already prepared.
Sprinkle over the raspberries (original recipe had  murtas that are like blackberries)

Preheat oven to 180 °

Prepare the streusel
In a bowl place the flour, sugar and cinnamon.
Add the melted butter and mix ingredients with your  hands
until coarse crumbs form.
Sprinkle these crumbs on raspberries or blackberries and bake  until golden  brown (about 20-25 minutes)
Remove from oven, let cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.


Print recipe

 
Im sharing with 
 
Made with Love Mondays, hosted by Javelin Warrior
EN ESPAÑOL
 
Kuchen de frambuesas con crema de vainilla









Este libro de donde adapté la receta es una maravilla. (ya había hecho una receta anteriormente) pero ahora me lo regaló mi familia para Navidad.
Es un libro no sólo de recetas que vienen de antigua familias alemanas, sino que es un documento histórico, uno puede leer como llegaron acá, como se fue entrelazando nuestra historia.
Carlos Von Muhlenbrock ha hecho un maravilloso trabajo con este libro que el mismo documentó, entrevistó a los descendientes y sacó las fotos, una maravilla, un libro que no me canso de ver .
Lugar donde encontrar el libro "Manos del Sur"
Carlos Von Muhlenbrock
Librería Antártica

Es una pena que no esté en inglés este es un libro que le encantaría a los que aman nuestras comidas e historia.
Por supuesto seguiré haciendo recetas de este libro.
Hay recetas dulces y saladas.








Ingredientes

para la masa

65 gramos de mantequilla
a temperatura ambiente
1 huevo grande
3/4 taza de azucar granulada
1 y 1/2 cucharada semillas de amapola
200 gramos harina sin polvos de hornear
1/2 cucharadita polvos de hornear
1 cucharadita de ralladura de limón
1 pizca de sal

Relleno

2 cucharadas colmadas de harina
1 cucharadita extracto de vainilla
1 taza de leche
1/2 taza de crema
2 cucharadas de azucar granulada
2 tazas de frambuesas (frescas o congeladas)
o moras o murtas (receta original)

Streusel

170 gramos de harina
130 gramos de azúcar
2 cucharadita canela en polvo
120 gramos mantequilla derretida
azúcar glass para espolvorear

Preparación

Precalentar el horno a 180°c.

Para la masa en un bol colocar la mantequilla, huevo, azucar granulada y semillas de amapola, batir hasta que la mezcla esté cremosa.Agregar la harina, polvos de hornear, ralladura de limón y una pizca de sal.
Siga batiendo hasta incorporar.
Enmantequillar un molde de tarta de unos 30 cm. y acomodar la masa llevar a horno unos 10 minutos y retirar. Reservar.

Para el relleno

En una olla poner la harina y 1/2 taza de agua fría revuelva hasta disolver.
Agregar el extracto de vainilla y seguir revolviendo hasta tener una crema espesa.
Verter la leche sin dejar de revolver añadir la crema y el azúcar granulada. Llevar a ebullicion y de ahí retirar y dejar reposar un poco.





 

98 comments:

  1. I am having my coffee right now, and how i wish i had a delicious slice of this here. yummm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria: This kuchen is lovely. It looks delicious. We have no fresh berries here. Our temperature this morning is 19 degrees! I will be saving this recipe for summer. Thank you!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound good indeed, although doubt it could be eaten at my feed haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why am I always starving when I read your posts??? Looks gooooooood. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Bama I find so good you feel hungry
      When you come here:-)

      Delete
  5. i come back .......j'ai aprés les fêtes délaissé quelque peu ma cuisine, mon blog et mes copines de blog......me voila prête à recommencer et c'est avec plaisir que je retrouve ton site et cette fabuleuse recette....dommage que tu sois si lojn:je me ersi bien invitée....biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. GLoria è stupenda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!baci!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. oh Rebecca thanks I love too hope you have a lovely travel, hugs to Jasmine:)

      Delete
  8. simply stunning ...the recipe makes me crave a piece right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You just gave me spring in a dish. It is most welcome this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks absolutely divine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gloria This kuchen is delicious! I save the repice! fantastic:*

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so hungry right now! I love the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamara, yes is the type of recipe you would like:)

      Delete
  13. Good morning Gloria. My old neighbor was from Germany. She used to make us a breakfast treat that she called Kuchen. Spelled the same way you do. But she said it KUGA. It was so delicious. She made it in a jelly roll pan, and then used canned fruit. It was topped with a dry streudel topping. Oh, how delicious it was with hot coffee!! Yours looks divine!
    Hope you are doing well!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris what nice your neighbor is from german and love kuchen!I think the typical of kuchen is the fruits and the streusel,I hope to make more, Hope you too are well:)

      Delete
  14. Good Evening Gloria, When I read the title Raspberry Kuchen, I knew immediately it was of German origin, but I hadn't realised it was Germany via Chile.
    The base is interesting as I have never added poppy seeds before. I have printed this recipe as I think my family will enjoy this.
    Thank you for another lovely recipe.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daphne Yes we still have a lot of german that their fsmily arrived so many years ago!
      I love poppy seeds in cakes, :)

      Delete
  15. Hi Gloria,

    This is indeed a heavenly combination! Yum!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  16. So yummy Gloria ~ Thanks for sharing your recipes with us ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks to you by sharing your nice poems:)

      Delete
  17. That is absolutely gorgeous, Gloria! I'm sure it tastes wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy, is true some of here put cream in the top can you believe? With blackberries Im sure would be nice!!

      Delete
  18. Gloria, Perfect!! I was in the mood for something sweet and luscious too... Thanks for the recipe! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh Thanks David!! always cheers me when you stopping by, take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. La combinación suena espectacular. Que ganas de comerme un pedazo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Actually, I never had this kind of cake. And it looks sooooo good, you make me want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The photo of the top view of your raspberry kuchen is so gorgeous! I would gladly have a few slices of this tart.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazinggggggg! This recipe looks delicious! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Che bella questa torta :) E deve essere anche deliziosa, adoro i lamponi. Un bacio, buona giornata

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh my goodness....it looks so delicious...and the berrys...mmm hmm....would love to have some this morning for breakfast you know...smiles....

    its snowing here today gloria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian:)please take some pictures of the snow; whay lovely I love winter!

      Delete
  26. Some of the best pastries I've eaten were in Germany - YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Elsie I have a lot 0f recipes from german pastry, Im from the south of Chile too!

      Delete
  27. tout simplement exquis
    bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup Fimere, je aime , bonne journée!

      Delete
  28. Gloria, I'm actually printing this recipe off. I lead a German club at the school where I work and I'm always on the lookout for activities the members will enjoy. I've already baked a cake before but this one will combine the cooking with the cultural and historical background. Also in my school the children learn Spanish as part of the curriculum, so I'll be talking to the Modern Foreign Languages coordinator to see if she can help me out. Many thanks!

    Saludos desde Londres.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CIL Im glad you like and this recipe can help you at german club, anything you need about others things about historical background please ask me!

      Delete
  29. Gloria... that's simply gorgeous!!!! I love that!! Besos!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would love this one, Gloria Dear, vanilla and raspberries or blueberries is my fave combination!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Que maravilla de kuchen Gloria!! y que suerte tener ese libro que tiene que ser preciosísimo. Besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Rosana es un libro precioso y muy bien hechi Carlo. Es uno de los mejores chefs qur conozco:)

      Delete
  32. Gloria, you are a genius - lovely dessert it looks like :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. ¡Me encanta la receta!. Adoro los kuchen, me parecen una delicia. Y con frambuesas todavía me gustan más. La haré en cuanto pueda.
    Dos cositas: se te olvidó poner la preparación en español, o al menos yo no la veo. Yo la he copiado en inglés, pero quienes no lo hablen se la perderán...
    Y la otra cosita: justo antes de mi mensaje hay un spammer anónimo que anuncia juegos.
    Un besote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Morguix, ya borré el spam (los odio) pero tengo el acceso a anónimos porque hay gente que no tiene blog y comenta como anónimo.
      En cuanto al español ahora lo pongo, puse la parte de los ingredientes pero me falta la preparación, ay hija es que he andado con tanta cosa, besos

      Delete
  34. That looks gorgeous! I wish I weren't lactose intolerant since almost every dessert has butter or cream in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah but now you know we have milk without lactose and cream without it too, you can make:)

      Delete
  35. Hi Gloria you have made a favorite of mine, Love those raspberries. Beautiful Nice post Andi

    ReplyDelete
  36. This looks fantastic, Gloria. I love pastries and I don't think I've ever had kuchen before, but this definitely makes me want to give it a go! Thanks so much for sharing this lovely dessert...

    ReplyDelete
  37. You know how much I love raspberries, Gloria! Your kuchen looks wonderful! My FIL grew up in a German household and is grandmother or great aunt would make kuchen every weekend...so I need to make this for him :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Lizzy! I think you will love this recipe!

      Delete
  38. I'd kill for raspberry anything right now. Haven't had them in such a long time...

    ReplyDelete
  39. ...PERO QUÉ BUENO DEBE ESTAR ESTE KUCHEN...

    ReplyDelete
  40. Divine! This wonderful tart would not last long at my place.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  41. Délicieux. J'en veux un gros morceau.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  42. I definitely don't make raspberry desserts enough. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Once again, you bring berries to such a delicious level! This looks mouth-watering.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Looks like spring has arrived! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I would give about anything for a piece of this right now. I grew up on kuchen, this one looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Your kuchen looks lovely! I would love to have a slice! Love that you used fresh berries!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Gloria, this is a masterpiece. I am sitting here drinking coffee and wishing for a slice! Scrumptious delight :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Sounds delicious! I love the juicy tart flavour of raspberries in baking. I also love the pink china in your blog header at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo I know you love the same china (LOL)

      Delete
  49. happy saturday to you gloria! smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! I coming from your blog LOL, have a nice weekend Brian with your family!

      Delete
  50. This looks amazing - especially the vanilla cream

    ReplyDelete
  51. juro que no tengo idea de como llegué aquí, me encanta cocinar cosas dulces (sobre todo las frambuesas) e ir probando recetas nuevas ... así que veré que tal me va ... ;) saludos!! y gracias por ponerla más abajo en español xDD estaba apunto de traducir y para mi felicidad voilá! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted