12 January 2013

prawns pilaf









This simple and amazing dish is from Mediterranean Recipes,
is my type of food:)
You can use fresh or  frozen prawns .
I ate for lunch but is a nice side dish too!





Ingredients

 3 tablespoons olive oil
2 green onions chopped
1/2 red pepper in slices
1 garlic clove
250 grams white rice
2 cups of  fish broth
or vegetal broth
salt and pepper
1 bay leaf
400 grams of fresh or frozen prawns

garnish
some basil leaves
some prawns


Method

In a large skillet heat the oil and fry the green onions ,  red pepper and garlic for about five minutes or until tender.

Pour the rice fry about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring, until the grains look clear.
Add the bay leaf, the broth, salt and pepper and  cover the pan and bring  a boil and cook  about 15 minutes until the rice had absorbed the liquid,
Do not stir while cook. When ready add the prawns and stir gently.
Remove lid and cover  with a clean kitchen towel and let stand for ten minutes to dry rice.
Stir with a fork to separate the grains and garnish with basil and some prawns.
Serve in bowls.Or as a side dish.



print  recipe here


Im sharing with















En Español
Pilaf de camarones o gambas












Te apuesto que ya me estaban pelando (porque no ponía la receta en español) disculpen pero ha sido de locos este tiempo, no tiene nada de relax veraniego.


Esta receta simple y deliciosa es para cualquier tiempo ( ami me encanta) y puede ser un acompañamiento o plato principal.
Es otra receta de ese  libro precioso " Cocina Mediterranea"


Ingredientes

3 cucharadas de aceite de oliva o de maravilla
2 cebollines picados finitos
1/2 pimiento rojo cortado en trocitos
1 diente de ajo
250 gramos de arroz blanco (grano corto)
2 tazas de caldo de pescado o vegetal(pueden hacer con cubos de verdura)
 sal y pimienta
1 hoja de laurel
400 gramos de camarones o gambas

Para adornar

hojas de albahaca
algunos camarones

Preparación

 En un sartén grande poner el aceite y freir los cebollines picados, junto con el pimiento y el ajo, freir unos 5 minutos hasta que esté todo tierno.
.Agregar el arroz y sofreir durante 2 a 3 minutos hasta que el arroz esté transparente.
Agregar la hoja de laurel y el caldo que puede ser de pescado o de verduras.
Agregar sal y pimienta a gusto.
Tapar la olla y cocer durante unos 15 minutos a fuego lento.
Hasta que el arroz haya absorbido el líquido.
 No revolver mientras se cocina el arroz.
Cuando esté listo agregar los camarones y revolver suavemente.
Retirar la tapa y cubrir con una toalla de cocina limpia.
Dejar reposar unos diez minutos.
Revolver con un tenedor y servir en bols o como acompañamiento, adornar con albahaca y camarones.

98 comments:

  1. Delicious recipe!
    I love it :D
    Have a nice weekend.
    A hug
    Incoronata

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my kind of dish Gloria!! Tasty and colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favourite meals. Yum yum. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could eat that with ease, looks really good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Pat this is a plate I think you would enjoy....and the cat too, the cats love prawns!!LOL

      Delete
  5. Que buen plato, se ve estupendo.

    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias José Manuel y tú si que sabes de este tipo de platos:)

      Delete
  6. This is also my favorite food :) Delicious! Have a nice W.E . Gloria:**

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gloria...that looks so good! And so did your S'mores in a jar!!!
    YUM...YUM...YUM!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris Im happy you like smores in a jar:)))

      Delete
  8. Hello dear.... This sounds so good. How are you? I'm wishing you a happy new year. Hugs, Lura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dear Lura, Happy new year to you and all your family!!huggsxoxoxoxo

      Delete
  9. uno dei miei piatti preferiti!!!!!!!!!!buon week end! baciiiiiiii

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie Fede, hope you have a nice weekend baci!!

      Delete
  10. I love pilaf, never made it with shrimps, but you just give me an idea. Thanks Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this looks so delicious and healthy - my girls love prawns so i can't wait to give this a try!!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Esperanza love too is one of her favorites seafood:)

      Delete
  12. How is it that I just ate a big plate of chili and seeing this made my mouth water? Shrimp is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, that looks so pretty and summery! How lovely to sit outside with a bowl of that pilaf! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betsy you can make any season because have easy ingredientes and I use frozen prawns because with this hot time I frozen all:)

      Delete
  14. This looks delicious, for a light and healthy meal... simple one dish meals like these are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Que rico....el arroz asi me encanta tambien!......Abrazotes, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely pilaf. Don't mind if you send a bowl over..lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gloria I love this dish... I always cook that and I add some curry, but just for a personal preference! Yum! Besos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie Patty love currry too, I think this would be tasty with curry!

      Delete
  18. Pilaf is something I love, a lot. But you know what, I always prepare these with leftover meats... not shrimps! I will do it now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks delicious! We love prawns! A perfect dish for a satisfying dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  20. se ve delicioso muy rico
    No se ve la receta en español
    besito

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Angelica ahora lo arreglare para que se vea,besos gloris

      Delete
  21. Gloria, this is a delicious recipe! I love new ideas for prawns :)
    I am going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  22. une recette appétissante et délicieuse bravo
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm not a big fan of prawns, but this dish looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah Az maybe you have to try this recope:) Anyway not problem dear, all of us have our own tasty or we love more some things than other:)
      xo

      Delete
  24. This recipe reminds me of an old salsa song whose chorus used to go: "Yo no como camaron", and I used to answer, "well, I do". I'm mad about prawns, especially King Prawns. Gracias por la receta. Me encanto.

    Estoy de vuelta a Bloguilandia! :-)

    Saludos desde Londres.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love prawns too and is really simple and delicious to every season, yes some people dont like prawns. But is normal all we have differents tastes-

      Delete
  25. What a lovely bowl of prawns and rice! I can tell how flavorful this is from the ingredients. How refreshing to see your green trees and grass in the background :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear, ah always I love take the pictures outside everytime because I think is the best light!!

      Delete
  26. yum...i would be down with that....i love prawns...and pretty much all seafood but mm....nice flavors to go with it as well...

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh, this sounds like the prawn paella, nice one gloria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well Lena I think is similar but soon I will make a really paella!!

      Delete
  28. A delicious lunch! Very tasty,

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  29. Questo riso sembra fantastico, adoro i gamberetti :) Un bacione, buona settimana

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love pilaf! My family love shrimp in it too.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Que buena receta Gloria!! me encanta tiene una pinta deliciosa. Besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah Rosana pienso que es una receta muy del tipo español, pero pondré luego una paella que hice, quiero tu opinión of course!xo

      Delete
  32. Mmmmm...that looks awesome. Do they have crawfish where you are? I loooooove those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bama, yes we have similar to crabfish and are delicious! love them!

      Delete
  33. What a perfect shrimp dish. Light, airy and sustaining.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gloria, this is delicious. I am on no carbs diet, unfortunately, but this looks so delicious I am tempted to eat it.

    Have a happy week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah you cant eat rice? buttry this in the future is awesome!!

      Delete
  35. I love fresh, simple dishes like this too Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  36. A tasty pilaf! This is a great combination.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  37. And after seeing that, what I ate just doesn't cut it any more. I must try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This sounds like the perfect lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hola yo soy fanatica de los camarones, me encanto tu receta, soy nueva en esto de blogs y ahi vamos paso a paso. Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Dolly bienvenida!
      Me encantan los camarones tambien!:)

      Delete
  40. HOLA GLORIA, QUE RICA RECETA, CON LO QUE ME GUSTAN LOS CAMARONES. Y EL POSTRECITO DE ABAJO, MMMM , MARAVILLOSO. BESITOS

    ReplyDelete
  41. Looks beautiful your rice dish, and the prawns look so tender...yum!
    Have a great week Gloria :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Simple, beautiful and fast! I love the addition of fresh basil which I'm sure adds a very lovely flavor to the pilaf, Gloria. This is almost a meal-in-one with the rice and shrimp together... Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thanks Javelin I love this type of meal:)

    ReplyDelete
  44. I could have this as a meal on its own, so fresh looking and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Why would you use frozen prawns? Well in my experience the flavor is greatly reduced and the texture is fairly chewy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used fresh or frozen Dwei but always think someones dont have fresh anyway if you cook only by minutes they are perfect!

      Delete
  46. Una delicia de plato Gloria, muy sano y sencillo de hacer, me encanta.
    Escribeme cuando puedas.
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  47. happy wednesday gloria...thank you for the email last night...smiles...starting out a much better day....

    ReplyDelete
  48. thanks Brian hope you are doing well today!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hey..
    Thanks for this blog!!
    your prawn recipes looks very delicious. Prawn recipes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted