4 July 2012

Muffins au cafe-pralin






 I found these muffins  in an  awesome French  site , I had noticed that praline, this delicious blend of almonds and caramel.
And no doubt was a delicious  recipe
Only for the praline recipe  I looked easy and nice recipe and I found one from Epicurious.

Recipe adapted from Recettes de desserts




Ingredients (8 muffins)

120 grs. of butter
150 grs. of icing sugar
1 egg
1 yolk egg
200 grs. all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 tablespoon of coffe
3 tablespoon of praline powder


Method

Preheat oven at 180°c

In a bowl beat the butter with icing sugar, the egg and yolk, and the coffe . Stir in all purpose flour and baking powder, finally add the praline powder,join and mix well.

Fill the muffins cases  and  bake for 20 minutes or until are golden.
Let cool on a rack.

Topping
.
1 tablespoon liquid coffe
50 grs glass sugar
praline powder

Mix the icing sugar with coffe and cover the muffins.
Sprinkle with praline powder.

Praline

1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup blanched whole almonds





Grease a small baking pan.
In a small heavy saucepan heat sugar over moderate heat, stirring, until melted. Cook melted sugar, swirling pan occassionally, until deep golden. Immediately stir in almonds and pour praline into prepared baking pan.
Cool praline until hardened completely and break into large pieces.
In a food processor grind praline to fine powder.


PRINT RECIPE HERE



Im sharing with


JWsMadeWLuvMondays


EN ESPAÑOL

Muffins de café y praline







Esta receta cuando la vi me encantó porque ademas me encanta el praline (esa mezcla deliciosa de azucar y almendras que se acaramelan y despues se muelen o se hace una pasta)
La receta la encontré en un sitio de recetas francesas que me gusta mucho Recette de desserts
y la receta del praline es de Epicurious.

Ingredientes
120 grs. de mantequilla
150 grs. de azúcar flor o azucar glass
1 huevo
1 yema de huevo
200 grs. de harina sin polvos de hornear
1 cucharadita de polvos hornear
1 cucharada de café preparado
(café café)
3 cucharadas de mezcla de praline
(la receta más abajo)

Preparación

Precalentar el horno a 180°

En un bol batir la mantequilla con el azúcar glass.
Agregar el huevo y la yema y el café. Incorporar la harina y los polvos de hornear.
Por último agregar la mezcla de praline.
revolver hasta tener una consistencia homogenea y cremosa.
Llenar 8 moldes de papel de muffins, llenando 3/4 partes de los moldes.
Llevar a horno por unos 20 minutos o hasta que esten dorados.
Dejar enfriar.

Para la cubierta de café

Mezclar 50 grs de azúcar glass con 1 cucharada de café preparado.
Batir hasta tener una pasta y con esta mezcla cubrir los muffins.
Espolvorear encima el polvo de praline.

Receta praline
1/2 taza de azúcar
1/2 taza de almendras peladas

En un sarten u olla pequeña calentar el azúcar hasta que se disuelva y tome un color dorado. Agregar las almendras y revolver.
Vaciar esta mezcla a un molde aceitado y dejar enfriar completamente,cortar en pedazos  y  moler en un procesador hasta tener una mezcla,
Con esta mezcla espolvorear los muffins.




95 comments:

  1. lovely muffins and what a pie you needed to attend a 4 th of July party with that here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tienen que estar buenisimos.

    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks a party time ..tempting muffins

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gloria ,

    Muffins looks AAAawesome and delicious!!!!

    Keep on Dear:)))

    one thing do for me Dear,

    Drop one more comment on my post

    Cabbage curry at Lavanya's recipe:)))

    Thank you Gloria....

    ReplyDelete
  5. These muffins do sounds delicious! I like the pralines on top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adoro il caffè e lo amo nei dolci. Con quella copertura croccante i tuoi muffins sono golosi due volte. Un bacio, buona giornata

    ReplyDelete
  7. The praline is the "piece de resistance" here Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  8. L'aspetto è favoloso ed immaginopure il sapore!! direi che sono buonissimi!!
    Morena

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those crumbly tops, bet they taste good. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gloria the muffins look yum...I love pralines :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. meravigliosi e golosi!!!!!!!!!ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing photographs! gr8 recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Des muffins très gourmands. J'aime beaucoup.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum! That frosting sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look like the perfect dessert-for-breakfast muffin!

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice...now that sounds like a delightful treet for breakfast this morning...smiles....

    i have power back!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks really good and seems fairly easy to make. I have not seen a recipe for praline before and it seems very easy. I wonder if you could use a different kind of nut.

    And I hope you had fun at the picnic, the pie looked yummy too.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear mrsupole yes I find thid recipe of praline and really is easy and nice and i love it.
      Hope you be ok dear, thanks for stopping by, blessings

      Delete
  18. Very yummy Gloria. Very different and interesting muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What glorious morsels. They sound delicious and are very tempting. I like things that are slightly different from the norm and these would make a wonderful treat. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Gloria, Perfect to share a cup of coffee or tea with. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great Gloria,......Loved the addition of praline....

    ReplyDelete
  22. these look wonderful, and nutty.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I was born and raised in the south where praline is very popular. I never though of it as a topping for muffins. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Are you kidding me!? Those look delicious!
    Maybe it's time to start up a bakery?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Replies
    1. Ha!!sole muchas gracias de verdad que son muy buenos! Besod

      Delete
  26. Que rico Gloria, yo también adoro el praline y nunca lo he hecho me llevo tu receta.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gloria, I must admit that I've never heard of Praline Muffins! However, they look great. When I show this recipe to my wife, I know it will get her sweet tooth twitching... Thanks and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David sure she will enjoy I find original and is yummy too! The praline is something special in them and are easy.
      Is from a french site that I really love:)

      Delete
  28. This sounds delicious, Gloria - pralines are a very special, and elegant touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Thomas, I really enjoyed this recipe:)

      Delete
  29. These are so easy and they sounds wonderful, Gloria. I love muffins with a little crunch topping and these sound like the perfect breakfast snack ;) Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Javelin reakky are easy and for pralin I found this nice recipe of Epicurious, Im glad you like:)

      Delete
  30. Oh la la! These is soo heavenly & I love praline! Simply divine & looks so tempting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I also have a mini muffin pan but mine is so clean...I guess I'm not using enough! These muffins look so DELICIOUS!!!! I never made muffins with the glaze and almonds (my favorite nut!). Making me hungry at this late hour... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Tienen que ser una pura delicia Gloria! Besos

    ReplyDelete
  33. A divine flavor combination! Oh, I wish I could have a taste of those lovely muffins...

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  34. These look so good! I love your tea set at the top of your page--very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  35. happy friday gloria....i hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What yummy muffins, Gloria!!! The praline powder is a delicious addition! Have a wonderful weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love that you used almonds for your Praline powder, Gloria! Thanks for sharing, they sure look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great muffins, Gloria..Love the way you had all the frosting and the topping all over the muffin tray aka Jamie Oliver style..so homey! btw, I gave you an award..do check it out in my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. UNA DELICIA MUY BUENOS SE VEN TAN APETITOSOS Y CONPRALINE MUCHO MAS RICO ,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow.. great job & it looks really yummy.
    First time here, happy to follow you.. :)

    - Sarika

    ReplyDelete
  41. Se ven maravillosos, em encantaron.
    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Yum! I'll take two please : )

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow que ricos con su saborcito a cafe, ideales para desayunar.
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  44. They look delish! In fact I just had a cupcake a little while ago. I made them for the 4th and couldn't resist. Yours really look delicioso!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. They do look pretty good, and the cat would surely snakc them down with ease.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know Pat is really funny because I was thinking in visit you:)

      Delete
  46. These muffins look delicious Gloria, and I love the idea of the praline on top...it sure adds a nice touch to the muffins.
    Have a wonderful weekend my dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. omg...I'm making these! They look amazing! I love praline, too!
    I'm printing this off right now! Thanks, dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. praline with almonds! I've never had that...only pecans! Yum...yes, I think this will be delicious! I love to make muffins to go with salad at dinner.

      Delete
    2. You love praline?? I always love and I find this nice recipe of praline in Epicurious.

      Delete
    3. yes! But I've only had with pecans. This looks delicious!

      Delete
  48. So clever to put some coffee in muffins! It's the best in both world because I'm always eating mine with a cup of coffee and I love coffee taste!

    ReplyDelete
  49. These coffee flavoured muffins look DIVINE! I love the flavours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie but what happens with youre blog?? I cant enter!!

      Delete
  50. come al solito mi stupisci per la tua creativita' IN CUCINAAAAAA BUON FINE SETTIMANA

    ReplyDelete
  51. i love muffins !this one looks tasty !

    ReplyDelete
  52. Double yum and drool, Gloria! I am copying this down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hi Gloria ,

    Muffins looks delicious!!!

    and do visit my blog at your free time Dear...

    Keep on Gloria...

    ReplyDelete
  54. Your muffins looks wonderful! And I like the idea of praline for the top!

    ReplyDelete
  55. These are gorgeous looking muffins Gloria - a real treat.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hola Gloria! cómo estás? he andado perdida de los blogs... pero acá estoy poniéndome al día.
    Estos muffins son un pecado jejeje acá una tienda que venden praline, de hecho es famosa por eso. Pura tentación. Bss

    ReplyDelete
  57. This sounds delicious Gloria, very special with pralines!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Looks really yummy Gloria ~ I am lazy to bake though in this heat, so I will take a slice of it ~

    ReplyDelete
  59. café et pralin se marient à merveille! donc tes muffins sont bien gourmands
    bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
  60. These muffins look fairly easy enough to bake even for me.
    So that would mean, I probably wouldn't hose it up too much.

    My questions is about the cute little striped chicken plate.
    Is that from the french site or is that your little dish?
    Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  61. What lovely and tasty looking muffins these are. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  62. The flavors in these muffins are awesome! I've never heard of praline powder, but I've eaten my share of pralines. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  63. praline sounds delicious, i would like to hv a couple of these muffins!!

    ReplyDelete
  64. This is a glorious recipe. I love praline but never tried to make it at hope so far. You post gave me the impulse to try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted