16 April 2012

freezable lemon bars





Here we are again to other recipe from Secret Recipe Club, this month my assignement blog was Secrets from the Cookie princess a nice blog and I find this nice recipe of Freezable Lemon Bars that we really enjoy, is a nice recipe and I love all with lemon:)


Secret Recipe Club'


Ingredients (16 bars)

1 1/2 cups of graham crackers or others cookies
1/3 cup of sugar
5 tablespoon of butter melted
3 eggs yolk
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup  of fresh lemon juice
zest of 2 lemon (one for the cream and other I sused to garnish)
1 1/2 cup whipped cream

Method

In a small bowl mix graham crackers (I grind in the blender) sugar and butter until combined.
Press firmly and evenly into a 20 x 18 cm foil pan.
No need grease the pan first.
In another small bowl beat egg yolks .Add condensed milk and lemon juice and continue beating on low medium speed for one minute.
Pour lemon mixture evenly over crust.

Bake at 190° c for 30 minutes until set.
Carefully remove from oven  and let cool completely on wire rack.
Meanwhile add lemon zest to whipped cream and  stir to distribute.
Once bars are cooled spread whipped cream over top of  the bars.
Garnish with lemon zest.
If you want freeze wrap cover pan with a plastic. These bars can be frozen for up to a month.
Remove bars and lets stand at room temperature Cut in bars and serve.
.



Print recipe here
















Im sharing with







Mixitup


EN ESPAÑOL

Barras de limón para congelar






Algunos de ustedes me han comentado que esta receta se parece al Pie de lemon pero solo en algunas cosas. De partida para el pie de limón hago una masa especial que es muy buena, y lo otro  es que lo rico del pie de limón es ese merengue que lleva arriba , en este caso es crema batida, de hecho por eso se puede congelar (lo ideal en trozos)


Ingredientes

1 1/2 taza de galletas tipo crakers u otra molidas
1/3 taza de  azúcar
5 cucharadas de mantequilla derretida






3 yemas de huevo
1 tarro de leche condensada
1/2 taza de jugo de limón fresco
ralladura de dos limones
(1 para agregar a la crema y otro para adornar los postres)
1 1/2 taza de crema batida


Preparación

En un bol pequeño mezclar las galletas molidas, el azúcar y la mantequilla deretida. (se puede derretir en el microondas pero solo unos dos minutos no más-

Una vez que está bien mezclado colocar esparciendo bien y apretando en el fondo de un molde rectagular de 20 x 18.

No se necesita engrasar el fondo del molde.
En otro bol batir las yemas , luego agregar la leche condensada y el jugo de limón , mezclar bien para tener una mezcla homogenea.
Colocar la crema de limón sobre la masa de pie ya preparada.
Prender el horno a 190°c
Hornear por unos 30 minutos hasta que la crema esté firme.
Retirar y dejar enfriar completamente antes de cortar.
Batir la crema y agregar la ralladura de un limón.
Decorar las barras cuando ya esten frias con la crema batida.
Cortar cuando esten frias.
Si se quier congelar se pueden tapar con film pástico y dejar en el congelador duran un mes.
Cuando se quieran consumir sacar un rato antes a temperatura ambiente




92 comments:

  1. LOVE to find a recipe for a dessert that I can have sitting in the freezer when my kids come to visit.Thank you.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. ciao Gloria, adoro il limone!!! meraviglioso! baci

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh...num, num, num...I love lemon bars and I love that these are freezable. Great SRC choice, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you like these lemon bars. They were a hit at my house! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Collen tanks by the recipe is really nice!!!

      Delete
  5. Something very original. They must be very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love lemon so these must be good. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gloria, idea mía o se parece a lo que acá llamamos pie de limón? O nà que ver.
    Tu sabes que los dulces no son mi fuerte.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. amiga yo diria que es una mezcla el pie de limón yo lo hago con una masa especial.
      I el pie de limón lo más rico es ese merengue que lleva encima.
      Estas barras de limón son parecidas pero efectivanmente se pueden congelar por la crema. cariños

      Delete
  8. yum, I love lemon meringue pie, they look similar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could eat 1 or 2 of those tasty treats right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unas barritas para no terminar nunca, están buenísimas Gloria!!

    Mil besos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They can freeze that would surely please.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me encantan, que peligro tenerlas congeladas y al alcance de la mano!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha Pilar pero hay que descongelarlas para comerlas en un tupper ni las miras ha!

      Delete
  13. Hi Gloria,
    I just love Lemon and these Lemon bars look delicious! It is fun cooking with you in the SRC!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  14. :) Yummy! freezer desserts are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a delight Gloria! I just came in from working outside in the garden all day and I sure could use one of your Lemon Bars right now!!! ( I really think the condensed milk people should put you on the payroll. You do wonders with the stuff!

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Louise I love work in the garden but you will be so tired:) Have a nuce night!

      Delete
  16. Holy crap. I love lemon bars and these look amazing. I love that you can freeze them! I'm stopping by from SRC but be sure to stop by Seasonal Potluck this month. We have peas AND rhubarb link parties open! We'd love if you'd share any recipes you may have http://bit.ly/H9XJGB

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice...i like lemon bars as well...T makes them everyonce in a while...def like mine a little tart as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian what nice she make lemon bars are delicious Ithink! !thanks by coming!

      Delete
  18. I love the flavor of lemon. These lemon bars look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Me recuerda al pie de limón style jeje, espero que estés bien! Un abrazote!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hola amiga, veo que hiciste algunos cambios con links de fotos, qué lindo!
    Supongo que parece helado de limón, ya sabemos que con leche condensada no se congela con cristalitos, tengo que probarlo, si no fuera que de ayer a hoy aumenté un kilo, qué mal, tampoco comí mucho... Será la edad....
    Besos,

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovely...true deliciousness..;)
    new to your space
    happy following you..:)
    do stop by mine sometime

    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay, I love your blog and Im following you!:)

      Delete
  22. una golosita' solo a guardarla figuriamoci da gustare

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, these look so good - and I do enjoy a citrus dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I also love all things lemon-y and lime-y....great bars :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. great recipe out there gloria....yummy...yummy...yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Do you know how to do this with PB instead of lemon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. duckie i think with 1 1/2 tablespoon of lemon. anyway i will check dear!

      Delete
  27. Love these lemon bars, looks so goooodddd!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. uy, espero que no haya pasado nada grave. me gusta la idea de tener congelado algo dulce para comer cuando tenga ganas. no soy muy dulcera, y si no congelo no puedo acabar toda la comida,jeje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Sole solo que anduve super alzanzada de tiempo y uno d emis perros está enfermo. Espero hoy hacer la receta en español. beso
      Cierto de vez en cuando me gusta tener algo dulce.

      Delete
  29. Gloriaaaaaaaa che meraviglia!!!!!baci!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Replies
    1. Yes Im in facebook Federica Im by Gloria Baker I will try to find you dont use a lot but always see it!:)

      Delete
  31. Love bars but never tried lemon bars! These bars looks soo good! YUM! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kit I find so nice you can freeze these!

      Delete
  32. These sound lovely, Gloria...very similar to key lime pie for the filling! What a wonderful SRC pick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lizzy is similar but dont have meringue in the top!

      Delete
  33. je suis une grande fan de citron ces barres ne peuvent être que succulentes
    bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
  34. this sounds like an lemon ice cream bar to me, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Dear Gloria, This is a recipe I would love. I love lemon and the fact the is it frozen makes it perfect for the warm weather coming.
    Have a wonderful day. Blessings dearest. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  36. love lemon too Catherine, have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  37. They look delicious, Gloria! Give me lemon over chocolate any day and then have them freeze well for later... Muy excelente!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh Gloria, I can almost taste this bars...condensed milk and lemon...perfect! It is great to have it handy in the freezer :)
    Thanks for this awesome recipe and hope you are having a great weel!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Ooh, I love lemon bars! And these looks delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Ooo ive had something like this before very good!

    ReplyDelete
  41. thanks Baur really I love thid recipe so much!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love making things with lemon! But I want to get my microplane first (I don't know why I don't have one yet!)

    ReplyDelete
  43. How interesting freezer lemon bars! These look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  44. These look amazing! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Che delizia queste barrette, golose e fresche profumate al limone. Un bacio, buona giornata

    ReplyDelete
  46. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Such a fabulous dessert with lemon!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Ahhhh....condensed milk and lemon. My two favorite things, Gloria! :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. I'm still not feeling well but I would like to make these when I do get better. They look so good.

    Hope all is well there and that you were not affected by the earthquake.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrsupole hope you feeling better soon dear!
      We are OK only was so hard, lie are always but this was long too!
      Thnaks for stopping by!

      Delete
  50. lemony desserts are my kryptonite. These look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  51. J'adore les barres au citron. Ta version est très gourmande.
    Je note.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  52. My best friend's favorite dessert is lemon bars. I'll pass this recipe to her and hopefully I can get some when she bake. =P

    ReplyDelete
  53. Que ricas barrita!! me parece una delicia...Besos

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted