17 July 2009

Blueberry Pie

You know how I love blueberries, really all berries Many times I want to make this lovely blueberry tart that I saw in Goodhousekeeping Magazine from July 2003, as ever you can use fresh blueberries or freeze blueberries.

They say is a pie and is true but is so similar to some kuchen that we made here.

What can I say?? is a really yummy recipes and I know many of you have a lot of blueberries, enjoy!!!





Ingredients



Dough

1 and half cup of flour

1/2 teaspoon of salt

1/2 cup of butter in cubes

2 tablespoon of vegetal oil

3 or 4 tablespoon of ice water



1.In a bowl mix the flour and salt and join with the butter in cubes and the vegetal oil until join well.

Until you will make a crumble dough.Add 3 or 4 of ice water and join well.Until is moist and firm.

2. Let at fridge by 30 minutes.Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (medium heat)

Place in a Tart mold (24 - 26 cm) Pour a greased paper and some beans.

Bake about 15 minutes and let chill before filling.








Blueberry filling and cream

Ingredients

1 and half whole milk
2 eggs yolk beaten
1 cup of sugar
5 tablespoon of cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoon butter
4 cups blueberries
1 tablespoon of lemon juice

1. In a 2-quart saucepan, mix milk,yolks, 1/2 cup of sugar and 3 tablespoon of cornstarch.
Cook over medium heat until mixture boil and thickens,stirring.
Stir in vanilla and 1 tablespoon of butter.
Let chil the custard and stir .Spread over the pie shell and keep at fridge.

2. Meanwhile , in 3/4 saucepan , stir 1 cup of berries with 1/2 cup of sugar, 2 tablespoon of cornstarch and 3/4 cup of water, heat to boiling, cook by 2 minutes to thicken, stirring.Stir in lemon juice and 1 tablespoon butter.Cool. Stir in remaining berries.
Top the blueberries mix over the custard in pie shell.
Let refrigerate by 2 hours to set.





EN ESPAÑOL
Pastel o Pie de arándanos

Y he dicho como me gustan los arándanos. Como siempre este pie se puede hacer con arándanos frescos o congelados. Es una buena época para hacerlo. Los que están en verano tienen muchos arándanos y si no se pueden usar congelados.
Esta receta la adapté de la Revista Goodhousekeeping Julio 2003 y es una deliciosa receta.


Ingredientes masa

1 y 1/2 taza de harina
1/2 cuharadita de sal
1/2 taza de mantequilla
2 cucharadas de aceite o manteca vegetal
3 o 4 cucharadas de agua

Preparación Masa Pie:
En un bowl mezclar la harina y la sal, unir con la mantequilla y el aceite vegetal, unir bien y formar una masa áspera y migosa.

Rociar con 3 o 4 cucharadas de agua fría, agregar de a poco hasta formar una masa húmeda y suave.
Llevar la masa al refrigerador (envolver en un film plástico), y dejar por 30 minutos.
Despues estirar y llevar al molde de pie o tarta (24 o 26 cm)
Y llevar a horno por unos 15 minutos (para que no se eleve la masa poner un papel mantequilla con algunas legumbres o arroz)(horno 180° C calor medio)
Dejar enfriar.

Crema de relleno y blueberries

Ingredientes
1 y 1/2 taza de leche entera
2 yemas de huevo batidas
1 taza de azúcar granulada
4 cucharadas de maicena o harina de maiz
1/2 cucharadita de vainilla
2 cucharadas de mantequilla
4 tazas de arándanos
1 cucharada de jugo de limón

1. En una cacerola mezclar la leche, 2 yemas de huevo batidas, 1/2 taza de azúcar y 3 cucharadas de maicena o harina de maiz..Cocinar y mezclar hasta que espese.
Agregar la vainilla y una cucharada de mantequilla.
Revolver todo el tiempo suavemente..
Revolver y dejar enfriar.
Despues esparcir esta crema en el molde de pie ya hecho, dejar en el refrigerador mientras tanto.

2. En una olla colocar una taza de berries con 1/2 taza de azúcar y 2 cucharadas de maicena o harina de maiz y 3/4 taza de agua.
Llevar a fuego lento y cocinar unos 2 miutos hasta espesar.
Agregar el jugo de limón.Más una cucharada de mantequilla.
Enfriar y agregar el resto de los berries.Mezclar bien y vaciar sobre la crema del pie ya hecho.
Refrigerar por dos horas.

33 comments:

  1. Lástima, tiene muy buena pinta pero ahora me apetece algo salado.
    De hecho voy a cenar pan con tomate y un surtido de embutidos ibéricos.
    Otro día, gracias.

    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not problem. Me encanta el pan con tomate, me das un poco? sólo con tomate no me gustan los embutidos, besoos Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pues yo me voy a dormir pero antes me comía un buen trozo de este pie que tiene una pinta divina...
    Un beso cielo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job on the pie, Gloria. I love all the blueberries, it look like you couldn't fit an extra one on there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gracias Mar, me alegro que te guste, gracias pro venir cariño, te mando besos ..y que duermas bien!!! Gloria

    Thanks dear Adam, really all of us love this Pie, we love blueberries!!thanks by coming dear,xxGloria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really Adam I put all my blueberries in this Pie!! I want be awesome!! xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ay que tartas mas ricas haces!!!!!!!!.
    Con la pereza que me dan a mí!!!!
    Pochoncicos

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gracias Wivith, besoos, Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blueberries look delish!
    The pear tart (prev. post) is outstanding.
    This is a super blog...loving the music.
    Gloria..you have done a terrific job. I'm so glad you left a comment on my site which showed me the way to your blog. This is a wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many thanks Applecrmble, I love your blog and thanks by coming, xxxGloria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Gloria this is a gorgeous pie, I have to try it!!! Love the creamy and fruit filling... miam!
    Besos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Liz, you are so sweet! xGloria

    ReplyDelete
  13. tiene que estar delicioso.
    y los dulces del post anterior también, querida Gloria.
    Hoy conocí una amiga chilena, como tú, que ha venido a vivir a España. Me recordé de ti, estando con ella y le hablé de ti. jijiji
    Tiene nostalgia de su país y ahora que conoce España, valora mucho más la vida en Chile, me ha dicho.
    Bueno, linda, te mando muchos besitos. También para la Espe.
    Muac muac
    ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hola Feli, gracias (me encntó el minimo del arroz con leche!) oye dale la dirección de mi blog quizas le interese porque hablo de Chile (a veces) y pongo recetas de Chile a veces también. besoos Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  15. O'd have to say that blueberries are my favourite Gloria. Thanks for sharing:D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I ♥ blueberry pie Gloria, & am sad that we don't get bluberries in India. This is a wonderful recipe. I like the ease of the tart shell. May I have a slice of this beautiful pie please? It's delish! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mine too Vall, love blueberries are delicious and special I think, I know in Canada you have a lot of blueberries! and are beautiful!xGloria

    Thanks by coming Deeba, I love too blueberries. Is sad you dont have blueberries, is strangue you dont have freeze blueberries, tak a slicve please!! xoxoxox Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my word Gloria this looks so good! And it has cream it, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so delicious, can I have a slice please!! Definitely one of my favorite! kisses

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a luscious looking pie Gloria - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, look at that colour. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Blueberry pie has always been a favourite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  23. mmm, gloria, nicely done! blueberries just belong in pie form, and kuchen's good too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks dear Bunny! xxGloria

    Thanks dear Dhanggit please take a piece!! je,je, besoos, Gloria

    Thanks Cake law I use all my blueberries that I had,xGloria

    Thanks a lot Sylvie,xGloria

    Thanks Margaret me too!Gloria

    Thanks dear Grace, yes I love Pie and kuchen and Tarts, je! Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  25. :)

    :P

    :)


    de rechupete!!!

    un besito cielo... como me gusta venir aquí y aprender...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gracias Alma, que amorosa eres, tambien estoy feliz dfe haberte conocido donde Toro, besoos, Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  27. Muchas gracias por visitar mi blog, una receta muy interesante, te agrego a mis enlaces para seguirte y ver con tranquilidad el resto del blog.
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gracias Javi, me ha gustado mucho tu blog! xxGloria

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gloria,what a brilliant pie there..
    hey your blog looks gorgeous in all aspects.am following you.keep rocking!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks a lot Ann, you are really welcome ! xxGloria

    ReplyDelete
  31. A delicious pie! I love blueberries!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  32. Me too, thanks dear Rosa! Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  33. For my part one and all have to go through this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted