24 April 2008

Quince's jam( Mermelada de membrillo)






This quince Jam I made to the "Putting Up" Event if you want to know about it or participate, see the blog of Rosie (she is from UK) http://www.rosiebakesapeaceofcake.blogspot.com/ or see the blog of the sweet Pixie of http://www.yousaytomatoisaytomato.blogspot.com/ from UK too, until May 21st.



At first I thought to place here a quince tarta that I made with the jam, but maybe is too much, and is good to separate the event, so I will put theTarta's recipe next Monday, that I made with this jam.


I love to make quince's jam because my grandma (abuelita Chela) always made it, when I boiled the quinces all the house have the smell of quinces and I love it.

Im happy to share with all of you this recipe because is the first time thatI have a lot of quinces from the tree that I have.


This tree was so generous this year because I made jam three times.
















Ingredients

4 cups of boiled and mashed quinces

4 cups of sugar

juice 1/2 lemon

sterelized jars (you may be with boil water)













METHOD



This jam is so good and easy to make because the quince have natural pectin.



Choose the quinces,semi ripes, washed well, let the seeds by the moment.Cut in middles. Place in a pot to boil, cover with water and place to medium heat, let them about 1 hour and half.



Later when are ready with carefully place the quinces in a plate and discard the core. (Reserve the juice). Chopp or mashed the quinces. add the lemon'sjuice, and a cup of the quince juice you reserved.


Measure pulp come allow one cup of sugar and one cup of pulp. Heat slowly stirring until sugar is dissolved, let abut 20 to 25 minutes always stirring. When the mix look thicken cut the fire. Wait the jam is warm to filling the jars, let without the lids and the next day you may place.

With this jam you may make desserts, tartas, use at toasts etc. The next Monday I will post a Quince Tarta's recipe to following of this.

EN ESPAÑOL

Esta mermelada de membrillos la he hecho para el evento "Putting up" que auspica Rosie de U.K. si alguien quiere saber algo màs o participar el link es http://www.rosiebakesapeaceofcake.blogspot.com/, o con la lovely Pixie de http://www.yousaytomatoisaytomato.blogspot.com/ antes del 21 de Mayo que es la fecha tope.

Al principio pensaba poner aquì mismo una receta de Tarta de membrillos pero creo que es mejor como es un evento que sean separadas las recetas. La pondrè si Dios quiere el Lunes pròximo a continuaciòn de esta receta.

Me encanta hacer mermelada de membrillos porque mi Abuelita Chela (mamà de mi papà) siempre hacìa, ya cuando pongo a cocer los membrillos y siento el olor me fascina.

Es la primera vez que el àrbol de nuestra casa diò tanto membrillo, he hecho 3 veces mermelada, ahora ya no quedan pero fue muy generoso para ser un arbol nuevo.

Ingredientes


4 tazas de membrillos cocidos y molidos

4 tazas de azùcar granulada

jugo de 1/2 limòn

Frascos o botes sterilizados (se puede hacer con agua hirviendo y despues dejar secar)

Mètodo

Esta mermelada es muy rica y fàcil de hacer porque el membrillo tiene pectina en forma natural, no cuesta que espese.

Elegir los membrillos semi maduros no tienen que estar tan amarillos.Lavarlos bien y por el momento dejarle las semillas.Cortarlos en mitades. Poner en una olla a hervir cubiertos de agua, dejar por lo menos una hora y 1/2 a fuego medio.

Màs tarde cuando estan listos y tibios, ponerlos en una fuente o plato y proceder a sacarles las semillas. Reservar el jugo. Picar o moler los membrillos.Cuando coloque la pulpa en la olla, agregue el jugo de limòn y la taza de jugo de membrillo que guardamos. Para hacerlo medir una taza de pulpa de membrillo por una taza de azùcar.

Poner a fuego lento y revolver bien hasta que el azùcar se disuelva, revolver siempre para que no se pegue. Dejarlo hervir aproximadamente de 20 a 25 minutos, cuando se vea bien espeso apagar el fuego y dejar enfriar antes de envasar en los frascos. Dejarlos reposar con un paño sin colocar la tapa. Ponerlas tapas al otro dìa.

Con esta mermelada se pueden hacer tartas, postres y colocar en las tostadas.















15 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to try quinces for a while now. It sounds so interesting. The jam looks good. I tried making jam last year for the first time and it was pretty fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uuuuy que rico. Me encanta la mermelada de mebrillo. De hecho, tengo un árbol de memberillo en mi casa y todos los años hacemos dulce y mermelada... te quedó exquisita y también las labels...
    Te molestaría si yo participo al concurso con la receta de dulce de membrillo?? Si te molesta porfavor dime y no participo. De verdad 0 problema :)
    Con respecto a los monitos de mi página... no, no los dibujo yo, sino que los sacoó de una página de internet que es www.nataliedee.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin I love made Jams, this year I made of apricots and strawberries, you are close of the summer, so you may make of diffents fruits, we sadly, have in this moments the last summer fruits!xGloria

    Isa, por supuesto que puedes participar con la mermelada de membrillo o lo que quieras. Ademàs tus labels son preciosas, yo te copiè un poco la idea porque tenìa unas y las arreglè para la mermelada, pero tù me diste la idea.ji! xxGloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi gloria
    all he best for quince jam, send some to me too. i would still like you to visit my blog and check the cake i made for you for your anniversary...i wanted it to a be surprise for you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gloria, I love this recipe!! I have a little quince tree or more like a shrub gowing in my front garden, if ever I get enough fruit I will be making your jam. It looks wonderful, I wish I could taste spread on a lovely hot slice of toast - mmmmmmm...

    Thank you So much for taking part in this event.

    Pixie from you say tomato i say tomato link below is also hosting this event. Please could I kindly ask you to include her in this post - many thanks sweetie :)


    http://yousaytomatoisaytomato.blogspot.com/


    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Anamika, sorry yesterday was a crazy day, now I m going to your site. For me a weddin cake???? I dont believe, Thanks I go there.xxGloria

    Rosie; thanks dear Im happy you like Of course I will add Pixie really I dont remember what was the other person that made the event, because I read in yours so many time!! Sorry Pixie I will put. Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola Gloria: Qué buena la mermelada de membrillo, aquí en España es más común hacer lo que se llama "carne de membrillo", mi abuela la hacía riqusíma, de hecho luego ya no me ha gustado nunca ninguna. También hacía jalea de membrillo, depués de hacer la carne de membrillo, cocía los corazones, la piel y como tiene tanta pectina se quedaba como una gelatina, además de añadir por supuesto la cantidad de azúcar correspondiente y quedaba de un color ámbar oscuro,pero transparente, una auténtica delicia. Me imagino que como sabes aquí la "carne de membrillo" se come mucho con queso y nueces. Bueno muchos besos y a ver con qué participo. Ya le dije a Isa que pensaba hacerlo con una mantequilla confitada de naranja. A ver si pueso, aún hay tiempo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me gusta mermelada de membrillos :-) Es el favrito de mi abuella, tambien :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tarta Sacher aqu� tambi�n habland de carne de membrillo, pero lo m�s habitual es dulce. Me parece exquisito esa mantequilla que quieres hacer y original.xxGloria

    Anthony dear, When you said this things I want send you right now a quince jar!!! You are so sweet, How I said in the post My Gran ma always made quince'sjam and jelly.
    When I arrived to her house I smell the quinces, so nice and made too a lovely chestnut dulce that we made different things.xxxxGloria

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know, I've never heard of a Quince... I had to google it & they sound yummy. How wonderful that you can make it into a jam. I'm going to a Mother's Day Tea next Sunday & I will try to duplicate this recipe with quince (if I find it) or another fruit.

    Muchos besos,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Que rica. Yo siempre hago dulce de membrillo y mis hijas lo devoran.Probaré tu receta cuando sea la época.
    Un beso

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amy I think is so easy the quince jam because you made with the quince boiled, is so nice and all the childs like so. Cariños para tì.Gloria

    Rosa, sì aquì tambien les encanta a todos y se la comen como postre muchas veces y lo bueno que sirve para varias receta. xxxGloria

    ReplyDelete
  13. greetings to all.
    I would first like to thank the writers of this blog by sharing information, a few years ago I read a book called guanacaste costa rica in this book deal with questions like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have some quinces in my garden right now: this jam inspires me, I will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Syll I love when someone enjoy my recipes now Im waiting for my quinces, gloria

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your opinions and comments, Thanks for stopping by!

Not anonymous users

Gracias por pasar un momento y comentar, gloria.

.

p

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...